5 months ago
Tesco Mobile is an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) and joint venture between O2 and Tesco. We launched Tesco Mobile in 2003 and we’ve grown rapidly to become the UK’s largest MVNO with 99% network coverage in the UK. Better still, we’re award winning. Our customer care was recognised in 2016, we won “Best Value Pay Monthly”, “Best PAYG Network” and “High Street Retailer of the year” at the uSwitch Awards. We’re all about the customer and their experience with our brand. So, if you are passionate about the customer, we could have some exciting opportunities for you.
About the Team
The Tesco Mobile DevOps team is a truly cross functional team responsible for both the functional software development as well as the running and operate of multiple bespoke IT solutions.
You will be working within a very diverse team of highly motivated and talented individuals on business-critical software developments. Our teams are motivated and challenged working in 2-week sprints providing real benefit to the wider business.
About the role
As a Developer in the DevOps team, you'll be responsible for designing, coding and delivering business requirements for the Tesco Mobile DevOps team. You will be part of a team of talented developers working alongside Business Analysts and Testers to deliver the new functionality. All the members of the team have exposure to the Frontend and Backend development as well as the Infrastructure. We think diverse exposure helps the individual and team grow a greater E2E understanding of our platform.
* Design new functionality and platforms
* Development of Backend code, including API, Database, file processing and internal tooling for the team
* Development of Unit Tests for new functionality
Create, design & development of CI/CD pipeline.
Have passion for Automation and interest in increasing efficiency.
Take an active role in code reviews and run and operate initiatives
Take an active role in Knowledge Sharing Sessions
Work along the rest of the team (Devs/QA/Scrum Master/BA) during the sprint
* Experience with AWS or other cloud infrastructure
* Experience with public and private facing APIs
* Knowledge of two of the following: Python/BASH/Java/Go/Node.js/SQL
* Experience working and maintaining Business-critical platforms
* Experience with Continuous Integration pipeline, automation frameworks and Git/Github
* Are autonomous and have a continuous improvement mindset.
* Strong Unix/Linux background
* Experience of working with an agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban)
* Understanding of the Software Development lifecycle (SDLC) from design to live service.
* Effective communication skills with an ability to collaborate and work as a team player
* Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, ELK, MQ, Serverless technologies i.e. lambda would be beneficial