6 months ago
Think of Iceland and you think of frozen food… And rightly so – it’s been the driving force behind our brand for 49 years. But did you know that we’re also the most innovative food retailer in the UK operating across chilled and ambient categories too, and the winner of multiple awards for our products, service and the way we treat our employees?
As a Floor planning manager you lead a team of Floor Planning experts and you will be accountable for the customer-focussed, profitable & sales-driving deployment of both Macro and Midi space. You will develop a thorough understanding of the factors that affect Macro and Midi space performance both within Iceland and in the broader market.
Accuracy is your number 1 KPI. As such you will need to demonstrate a high level of team performance management to deliver right first time and ensure that checks are completed in full to deliver an exceptionally high level of accuracy for our colleagues in stores.
To achieve this, you will access, interrogate and understand market level data sources such as Kantar and Nielsen, as well as internal performance reports and customer insight. You will also provide Space insight to category teams in the development of their Category Plans. You will, therefore, be comfortable analysing complex data sets to drill into opportunities and issues, which in turn you will be able to present back as clear, tangible recommendations.
You will work in close collaboration with your colleagues in Merchandising, Buying, Format Development & Estates to provide stores with the best macro and midi space in order to gain the best sales to space investment.
As a leader of people within Iceland, you will be expected to demonstrate the values of the business and act as a role model to your team. You will support your team with personal development goals, as well as day to day monitoring of performance against core role objectives.
* You and your team will deliver targeted insight to the business and/or category teams on Space Optimisation opportunities such as i) realignment within cluster groups, ii) Flow and Adjacency recommendations, iii) Product/category affinity groupings & rule sets, iv) recommendations for new or alternative trial options
* You and your team will deliver new Sales Floor Plans through the annually identified range & space change cycles, as well as ad hoc requirements for specific stores or one-in-one-out activity
* You and your team will accurately represent all Iceland stores within the JDA Floor Planning software package, and match appropriate Planograms to each store with the support of the Category Merchandisers
* You will deliver accurate floor plans and ranging for all of our new format and Food Warehouse stores in line with the
* critical path
* You will seek and add value to the process and come up with ideas that deliver additional sales and profitability for Iceland.
* You will review core estate to understand any latent sales potential within our stores
* You will conduct 12-week post implementation reviews of all new format development stores looking at both macro and midi space
* You will make regular visits to our stores, to identify potential space opportunities and improvements
* You will make regular visits to our stores with your own team, and the Merchandising, Format Development and Estates teams to help identify issues and opportunities in the “real world”
* Regular engagement with the Buying, Merchandising, Format Development and Estates teams, to ensure you have your finger on the pulse in this fast-paced environment
* You will conduct regular competitor visits to help you maintain your already developed understanding of changes in the supermarket industry
* You will be an advocate for our customer and our store colleagues during the space change process, by ensuring store workload is minimised and customer shopping logic is embraced and not disregarded
* You will work with your Sales Floor Planning colleagues and be sure to drive a strong team spirit within the team
* You will also be responsible for the reporting and analysis function of the department. You will ensure that we provide accurate, insightful analysis that will benefit the business.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
* Preferably 2+ years of experience within a Retail Floor Planning environment
* Experience of successfully leading teams would be an advantage
* Able to demonstrate experience with office systems that would benefit the role
* Good academic background (Ideally A-level or above)
* Excellent analytical and numerical skills
* A flexible approach to the working environment and able to demonstrate the ability to respond to a fast moving, rapidly changing market and business.
* Experienced in influencing and communicating at a variety of levels and directions.
Here at Iceland we offer a very competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package, we provide 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday, free parking on site, 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount, a highly subsidised restaurant on site along with a subsidised costa.
If this sounds like you and you want to come and join the Iceland team then please apply directly and a member of the recruitment team will get back to you.