11 months ago
Financial Services Editor, Thought Leadership
The Economist logo
The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
The Economist Group’s Thought Leadership (TL) division produces high quality editorial content for a wide range of global corporate clients, foundations and governments. The team sells content programs addressing business and geopolitical trends to senior marketing and communications executives in a diverse range of industries and sectors.
Currently we are seeking a Financial Services Editor to ensure The Economist Group’s standards of editorial quality, creativity and independence and by maintaining strong client services practices.
In the role you would be expected to:
* Develop and deliver custom content projects, from proposing core themes through research, outputs and marketing, on time and on budget
* Ensure work you deliver meets the quality standards, branding rules and editorial guidelines set by the Economist Intelligence Unit
* Manage client relationships from an editorial perspective, delivering high quality content and excellent client service
* Support sales on business development through creating compelling new products, research programmes and proposals, accompanying salespeople to meetings and working with salespeople to prioritize potential clients and develop pitches for them
* Actively support sales on business development through the generation of compelling new products, research programmes and proposals
* Act as project manager, including managing all relationships among the sponsor, freelance writers, research teams across The Economist Group and others as needed
* Edit copy including research surveys, papers, articles, video scripts and marketing collateral
* Lead data analysis and ensure rich insights are developed from the primary research done for projects
* Present or facilitate webcasts and podcasts based on our research
Experience, skills and professional attributes
To succeed in the role you must have:
* Education to degree level, social sciences preferred
* Experience in the financial services industry, through having worked in, consulted for, or researched and reported on them
* Excellent writing, editing, presentation and stakeholder-management skills
* Strong research and project management skills
* Client-facing experience with senior corporate executives and/or policymakers
* Experience in planning and monitoring budgets
* Familiarity with data analysis methodologies and tools
* Proficiency in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Presentation and moderation/chairing skills helpful
* Interest in building a public profile as a financial services expert through presence in social media and working with the marketing/PR team
* Experience using social media tools
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.