6 months ago
At Saga, our people are our business. Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our vision, to inspire and enable possibilities.This role will ensure that the finance function measures, reviews and challenges all aspects of the Travel Division’s performance.
This role is an important part of the Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Travel function of the business.
In this role, you will ensure that the finance function measures, reviews and challenges all aspects of the Travel Division’s performance. You will develop an understanding of the key dynamics that drive performance of the business, as well as supporting the Director of Finance with financial analysis for new propositions and with new & existing suppliers and all aspects of Travel financial planning.
You will bring strong analytical and communication skills to this business-critical role, which encompasses all areas of the business and is key to ensuring that travel division strategies and aims are met.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
The role has full accountability for the financial planning, reporting and analysis of all aspects of the Travel Division. The primary tasks of the role are:
* Provide support to the Finance Director of the Travel Division and other areas of the business as required. This requires close liaison with all levels and departments across the Division
* Consolidation of the Travel Division profit and loss account and balance sheet, cash flows and capital expenditure including monitoring, understanding and reporting against targets and previous years
* Consolidation of the Travel Division management accounts, including monitoring, understanding and reporting on the overall performance against targets and previous years
* Review monthly performance reports for FD’s presentation to various leadership and Board forums, and to the Saga Plc team. Deliver clear, detailed understanding of performance and variances during review meetings
* Providing support to the Executive team for financial, trading and trend reporting both internally and externally
* Supporting the Director of Finance by preparing presentations for the Board on travel strategy and initiatives
* Work closely with the Heads of Finance to ensure clear understanding of forecasts, budgets, profit improvement plans, risk & opportunities.
* Ensure that the strategic aims of the Travel division are fully supported and met
* Lead consolidation of 5YP working with the businesses to drive and support strategic objectives
* Manage the provision of finance data for Saga plc reporting purposes and maintain strong working relationships with the Group Financial Controller and the central plc team
* Competitor analysis – maintain up to date analysis understanding external trends and benchmarking performance
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Qualified accountant who can demonstrate competence in broad financial management in a medium to large size business
* Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, able to operate in a fast decision making and entrepreneurial environment
* High integrity, capable of selling ideas and implementing change
* The stature and personal attributes to quickly establish credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues at all levels
* Analytically strong and intellectually highly capable with the ability to think outside the box
* High levels of energy and stamina, able to sustain the pressure of a rigorous and competitive business sector
* Personal flexibility, a hands-on approach and strong people skills must come naturally
* Provide first class customer service – internally and externally
* High standard of accuracy and diligence
* Ensure deadlines are met and ensure they are achieved to a high standard
* Full support into business decisions, including challenging and influencing outcomes
* Travel industry / Tour Operating / Direct Sell experience would be advantageous
Education and Qualifications:
* Graduate standard education or equivalent
* ACCA / ACA / CIMA qualified accountant with demonstrable post-qualified experience
* Organised & methodical
* Personal flexibility
* An eye for detail
* Analytically strong
* High integrity and objectivity
* First class customer service
* Not afraid to challenge
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
* AXA Be Supported
* Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
* Free fruit
* Give as you earn
* Free eye tests
* Honeymoon benefit
* Salary finance
* Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
* A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
* Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.