3 months ago
* Financial Crime Team Manager (Lead) in our head offices in Swindon, to manage our Police Liaison Team and Financial Crime Intelligence Team.
* £35,309 to £51,002 on a Permanent contract, working 35 hours per week.
* Salary dependant on current package and internal policy
* Send in your application by 10/12/2018
Our Financial Crime department is responsible for protecting Nationwide and its members from all types of financial crime, including; money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions compliance and bribery and corruption. This role is in a department with an outstanding reputation, captivating subject matter and industry leading results that will see you work alongside advanced detection systems, reacting to ever changing methods of financial crime, whilst striving to deliver exceptional customer experience.
As a Financial Crime Team Manager (Lead) you will play an integral part in ensuring Nationwide identifies, assesses and manages its Anti-Money Laundering, Counter-Terrorist Financing, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery & Corruption risks, complies with legislation and regulation and maintains its current reputational status. The Financial Crime Team Manager (Lead) will be responsible for managing, developing and supporting a team of Financial Crime Analysts and Senior Analysts, who carry out thorough investigations on Nationwide’s customer base in order to identify potential risks to the Society, and engage with law enforcement as appropriate.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you must have:
* Accomplished team management and leadership experience, goal setting, driving performance, coaching and training
* Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering / Combating Terrorist Financing / Anti-Bribery and Corruption / Sanctions, both practical and theoretical, including legislation and regulation
* Comprehensive knowledge of financial crime typologies and the key preventative and detective controls which manage the risks of Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, Sanctions, Bribery and Corruption and non-compliance
* Experience of working in an operational or specialist financial crime/compliance environment
* Excellent time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
* Excellent verbal communication and influencing skills
* Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and challenge stakeholders at all levels
* The ability to work with multiple stakeholders at all levels, maintaining a professional, objective and independent approach, ensuring discretion is demonstrated when working on highly sensitive and strictly confidential matters
* Excellent written communication skills, enabling you to provide comprehensive reports for use at all levels of the business
* An ability to react quickly in a fast-paced environment
* Proven ability to plan ahead whilst also being able to re-prioritise at short notice due to ever changing and conflicting demands
It would be nice if you also had:
* An education to graduate level, or a professional qualification such as an International Compliance Association AML or Financial Crime Advanced Certificate/Diploma (or be working towards an ICA qualification)
* Retail financial services experience
* Experience of working in a Financial Crime, Operational Risk, Compliance or Audit type role in the financial services industry
* Knowledge of Nationwide’s products, processes and systems, focusing on banking and savings and supporting distribution channels
What you'll be doing
* Daily line, resource and performance management of the team, ensuring adherence to critical service level agreements
* Continually review and enhance controls to mitigate AML, ABC, CTF and Sanctions risks in line with industry guidance and regulation
* Drive performance and continually improve team processes, procedures, and culture
* Continually review the team’s training needs, including coaching and mentoring
* Maintain all operational processes and procedures, ensuring they comply within internal policies and standards, looking to realise efficiencies and identify improvement and/or automation opportunities.
* Lead initiatives linked to the department strategy
* Provide technical expertise on local business area initiatives relating to AML and wider aspects of Financial Crime
* Help to support the implementation of high profile Society projects as a subject matter expert.
* Provide accurate and regular MI on your team’s work volumes and performance.
* Prepare papers and presentations for Management relating to a host of team related topics and wider departmental initiatives