8 days ago
Financial Crime Advisory Manager, Corporate - London
Financial Crime Advisory Manager, Corporate - London
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers
We have a great opportunity for a Financial Crime Advisory Manager, Corporate to join us in our Triton Square office, London. The role holder will act as the principle contact with the business areas in Corporate; providing high quality advisory support and oversight of the financial crime risks and controls, alongside proactively seeking opportunities to improve the controls environment.
Our Financial Crime team is all about protecting our customers, shareholders, and the communities that support us from increasingly complex threats. It’s about more than money. Financial crime funds a wide range of criminal activities that put real people at risk every day. And with so much at stake, simply adhering to legal controls and regulations isn’t enough. That’s why we’re developing a world-class environment for crime prevention. Join us in work that really matters.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Financial Crime Advisory Manager, Corporate your main responsibilities will be
* Being the primary point of contact for Corporate Financial Crime control functions on all Financial Crime matters (AML, CTF, ABC, Sanctions and Tax Evasion), including advising the business on how to interpret and implement Santander UK Financial Crime Policies and Standards, and submitting exceptions to policy to second line Policy team.
* Providing concise and easily understandable financial crime advice, and coaching, on complex subject matters.
* Liaising with first line Financial Crime Control functions to ensure that high value, financial crime matters are appropriately supported within financial crime compliance and best practices are shared with wider teams.
* Supporting Corporate in its management of Financial Crime risks, both in existing and proposed products, services and systems, through the provision of expert advice.
* Reviewing and challenging Corporate Financial Crime risk management reports and coordinating Business Unit Risk Assessment submissions to identify key trends and mitigating actions.
* Supporting other Financial Crime teams by providing input and expertise on the Corporate business.
* Proactively engaging in FCC Change projects to lead from Line 2 Oversight and Advisory perspective as an SME.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Previous experience in a Financial Crime advisory role.
* Excellent working knowledge of the global legislative and regulatory framework for FC (Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption).
* Proven track record in the understanding and interpretation of regulations, within the industry, and the implementation of solutions to address regulatory requirements.
* Experience of working in the Financial Services industry with broad knowledge of Corporate products and services.
* Sound process facilitation, project management, and analytical skills.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.