11 days ago
Financial Crime Advisory Manager, Corporate Banking – London
Financial Crime Advisory Manager, Corporate Banking – London
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers.
We have a great opportunity for a Financial Crime Advisory Manager to join our Financial Crime team in our London office
Providing high quality advisory support, and oversight, of the financial crime risks, and controls, on higher risk products and client types including Correspondent Banks (and Correspondent Banking), Money-Service-Bureaus and Trade Finance.
The FC Advisory Manager will act as the principle contact for the business areas in Corporate; continuously looking to improve the controls environment, whilst working in partnership with business teams and the rest of the FC Compliance function.
Our Financial Crime team is all about protecting our customers, shareholders, and the communities that support us from increasingly complex threats. It’s about more than money. Financial crime funds a wide range of criminal activities that put real people at risk every day. And with so much at stake, simply adhering to legal controls and regulations isn’t enough. That’s why we’re developing a world-class environment for crime prevention. Join us in work that really matters.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Financial Crime Advisory Manager your main responsibilities will be
* Being the primary point of contact for CCB / GCB Financial Crime control functions on all FC matters (AML, CTF, ABC, Sanctions and Tax Evasion), including advising the Business on how to interpret and implement Santander UK FC Policies and Standards, and submitting exceptions to policy to second line Policy team
* Provide concise and easily understandable FC advice and coaching on complex subject matters with a focus on higher risk products and client types including Correspondent Banks (and Correspondent Banking), Money-Service-Bureaus and Trade Finance
* Liaise with first line FC Control functions to ensure that high value, FC matters are appropriately supported within financial crime compliance and best practices are shared with wider teams.
* Supporting CCB / GCB in its management of FC risks, both in existing and proposed products, services and systems, through the provision of expert advise
* Reviewing and challenging CCB / GCB FC risk management reports and coordinating Business Unit Risk Assessment submissions to identify key trends and mitigating actions
Minimum skills and experience required
* Prior experience in a Financial Crime advisory role.
* Advanced analytical and issue resolution ability and problem solving is essential. Experienced in identifying potential control issues and their root cause, and identifying enhancement opportunities in financial crime compliance programs.
* Relevant experience in FC risk management applied to correspondent banking, trade finance, and payment systems, including SWIFT messages.
* Strong working knowledge of the global legislative and regulatory framework for FC (Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption).
* Proven track record in understanding and interpretation of regulations within the industry and the implementation of solutions to address regulatory requirements
* Excellent communication skills both written and oral
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.