7 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This is a great opportunity, for a fully qualified accountant to join our Sky Finance GL team based in Livingston
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
– Prepare preliminary accruals reports for business colleagues across multiple areas of the business
– Ensure the accurate posting of accounting entries for transaction types such as the accruals process, fixed asset cycle, intercompany accounting as well as period close, financial and external reporting
– Manage review and approve controls in line with internal and external requirements
– Be responsible for maintaining the end to end process ownership for the various processes
– Embed and promote a culture of continuous improvement, leading initiatives associated with end-to-end account to report function and projects such as report automation and standardisation.
– Assist with internal and external audit queries.
– Perform ad-hoc project work, as and when required.
– A fully certified accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
– Experience in continuous improvement of processes
– Demonstrable knowledge of IFRS principles, guidelines and requirements
– Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
– Good problem solving skills and excellent attention to detail.
– Previous experience of working within a Shared Service environment
– Team management experience
– Knowledge of an ERP, ideally SAP
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about