9 months ago
Opening Date: 7th December 2018
Closing Date: 6th January 2019
Competitive Salary Applies.
* BA/BSc degree in a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience working on complex analyses with spreadsheet software and/or SQL.
* Relevant experience in management consulting, investment banking, finance, corporate strategy and/or a similar environment.
* Demonstrated experience identifying opportunities for business improvement and defining/measuring the success of those initiatives.
* Demonstrated effective performance in prior roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
* Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with excellent business acumen; demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on challenging projects.
* Excellent quantitative, written, and presentation skills; innovative, organized and thorough, with eagerness to further develop these skills.
About the job
Our Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. You’ll partner with one of Google’s EMEA businesses, from the teams that enable online advertisers to scale and grow returns, to the groups that enable billions of users access the internet, download apps and watch videos. Your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. You will work across various initiatives, keeping a focus on the details and finding creative ways to tackle challenges and provide senior level management with insightful recommendations and planning and reporting support.
This is not your typical Finance role. In this role, you’ll work closely with EMEA business partners to understand business problems and navigate Google’s data to perform rigorous analysis and identify opportunities and solutions. You will work with a wide variety of people across products, geographies, both within the broader Finance team (e.g. Accounting, M&A) and other organisations such as Sales, Business Development teams and Real Estate.
Finance Business Partnering teams who provide in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From generating management reports and automating processes to developing forward-thinking analysis which will drive real impact , the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
* Develop analysis and insights to help business partners understand key product and campaign performance and provide recommendations to shape investment decisions and future strategy.
* Develop tools to communicate business performance (such as revenue trends and drivers or marketing spend and effectiveness) to a range of audiences simply and efficiently.
* Work on initiatives to develop infrastructure and tools with cross-functional teams to measure and report EMEA performance and enable deep insights into drivers of performance.
* Manage and constantly innovate to improve our planning and reporting processes.