6 months ago
Financial Accountant - Wokingham
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to join one of the UK’s leading property specialists in the key role of Financial Accountant. This is a new role created due to the growth of the business.
Specialising in lettings, sales and property management, The Leaders Romans Group boasts an unrivalled passion and expertise for working in the property market. Our continued success means we have substantial plans to expand and we are looking for talented and proactive individuals who will embrace the Leaders Romans ethos and further enhance the professional, high-quality and personal service we provide.
As a Financial Accountant, you will:
* Take ownership of complex accounting areas and ensure that financial information is fully reconciled to underlying systems data on a regular basis. Provide the data to the management accounts teams
* Take ownership of accounting for the insurance broking business including compliance with regulatory rules. Provide data to the management accounts team in line with month end deadlines
* Maintain a weekly cashflow forecast and highlight any areas of concern/issue with the group financial controller
* Prepare all audit working paper files for the annual audit – ensure that the management accountants have fully reconciled the balance sheet to enable information to be used
* Prepare statutory accounts and consolidation for the annual audit
* Ensure that the finance team are kept up to date on changes to accounting standards that affect the business. Assess and highlight the impact on the business vs. existing treatment
* Deal with other ad-hoc tasks as required
To succeed in this role you will need:
* Good written and oral communication skills
* The ability to plan and prioritise
* Excellent IT skills - Experience of Microsoft suite of products, Word, Excel and Dynamics is desirable
* Good attention to detail
* To communicate at all levels
* Experience of divisional or departmental accounts
* ACCA or ACA part or newly qualified
* GCSE Maths and English
In return, we offer a competitive salary package and the opportunity to grow your expertise at an expanding group that can offer you a rewarding and progressive career.
The closing date should be treated as a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we would advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment. We wish you every success with your job search.