5 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
The IT Operations function is responsible for the strategic evolution and architectural integrity of UK IT infrastructure. A team of over 300 IT professionals coordinate and deliver £100m of annual change across hundreds of applications, in partnership with dozens of suppliers. Supporting all areas of the UK business to build new capabilities and maintain the existing IT estate.
This is a key and exciting role within the IT Finance team, working as a finance business partner to IT Sourcing and provide general finance support to the IT team.
* Line Management responsibility for a finance apprentice
* Provide financial oversight, control and reporting of IT operating costs
* Produce the IT monthly performance report
* Work with Group GCTIO on monthly performace reporting and forecasting
* Manage the monthly opex risks and opportunities and review these with the CIO
* Ensure spend is approved through the appropriate governance and provide advice to IT team re governance as needed
* Work closely with the IT procurement and IT sourcing teams team to challenge and align purchasing processes
* Review and recommend action on all IT opex PO’s and contract signature forms to the Head of IT Finance. Present these at the COO PO approval forum
* Prepare month end accruals/pre-payments for IT Opex. Complete Balance Sheets recs and cash commitments files
* Work with IT Operations on producing annual budget/forecasts
* Provide support for month-end WD5 and 6 reporting for IT
* Perform ad hoc performance analysis and reporting as needed
* Any other responsibilities as required by the Head of IT Finance
Skills & experience:
* Ideally from a telecoms or technology background
* Good knowledge of accounting, finance systems, financial statements (knowledge of Oracle and Microstrategy an advantage)
* Excellent excel skills and the ability to produce robust financial models
* Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent)
* Excellent communication skills – can easily form and increasingly leverage relationships to get a desired outcome
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing, complex and detailed information in an easy to understand manner to all levels of the business
* Ability to prioritise multiple demands on time, to remain focused on areas of value add
* Self-motivating – experience of setting own agenda and knowing when to look for support
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.