6 months ago
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Finance Manager will be responsible for Financial Reporting and Control aspects of the business. The role holder will ensure that the finance function supports, measures, reviews and appropriately challenges on financial aspects of the business.
The role is suited to a qualified finance professional with managerial experience, who is likely to have a background in financial accounting, control and/or audit.
Responsible for a team of c.2, you will provide strong leadership and motivation to the team and will work to ensure that sufficiently robust structures, systems and processes are in place to manage and deliver against tasks and business objectives, identifying and managing risks and opportunities, and supporting business growth. The role holder will take responsibility for the quality, accuracy and timeliness of the work produced by their team – ensuring that the team remains effective. Guidance and support to the team should be delivered at all times to enable them to fulfill their roles and encourage their development.
The role requires significant liaison with senior business colleagues to provide them with the necessary information, support and challenge to deliver business objectives; and with all other businesses within the Acromas group, acting in many instances as the facilitator of cross-business transactions.
* Responsibility for running the team and managing the staff within that team. Typical team management responsibilities are as follows (but not limited to): ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of all outputs; ensuring adherence to all relevant deadlines by all members of the team, objective-setting and appraisals for all team members; identifying and addressing professional development needs of staff; contingency planning to cover annual leave and sickness; selection, interviewing and recruitment of staff as vacancies in the team arise; motivating and energising team members to achieve objectives.
* Financial accounting for the business, to include preparation/review of financial statements.
* Responsibility for communicating and ensuring compliance with the Group corporate governance policies and procedures.
* Responsibility for compliance with all accounting standards and the accounting policies of the business. Implementation of any changes to accounting standards, controls or policies within their area of responsibility.
* Responsibility for the implementation of systems and processes to support business needs.
* Responsibility for ensuring regulatory returns are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
* Delivery of financial support to key projects.
* Financial analysis of potential partners and suppliers and performance of all due diligence processes as required.
* Support in the management of, and liaison with external and internal auditors.
* Financial staff recruitment, selection, management, motivation and training.
* Support to the Head of Finance on all financial matters as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Strong accounting skills with a thorough understanding of control processes.
* Good line management and leadership skills with a strong belief in developing people.
* Would ideally have experience in a sizeable (1000+ employees) organisation.
* Able to demonstrate significant competence in Financial reporting and control, and delivery of tangible outputs.
* Good operational understanding of the business.
* A professional approach and a high regard for confidentiality and professional integrity.
* High proficiency in Excel, databases and general ledger systems.
Education and Qualifications:
* Graduate level or equivalent.
* Fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant with 2-4 years post qualified experience.
* Up to date technical knowledge of relevant accounting and taxation issues.
* Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
* Able to quickly establish credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues at all levels, including Department Heads and Directors.
* High integrity and objectivity capable of selling ideas and implementing change.
* Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and think outside the box.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
* 28 days holiday
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
* AXA Be Supported
* Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
* Free fruit
* Give as you earn
* Free eye tests
* Honeymoon benefit
* Salary finance
* Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
* A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
* Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.