6 months ago
Finance Business Partner - Repayments & Insurance (109154)
: Business partnering and commercial finance
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-West Yorkshire-Leeds, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Avon-Bristol
Salary : .
: Mar 22, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Finance Business Partner - Repayments & Insurance
London, Bristol or Leeds
Openreach, part of BT Group, provides the capability for over 500 Communications Providers to provide service, broadband and data services to consumers and businesses across the UK. Our network covers 30 million customers and 8 million broadband lines from approximately 5,500 local exchanges. Openreach is at the heart of Britain’s drive to be a world leader in the internet economy. Broadband connections have become a necessity to customers at home and at work and the demands of our infrastructure reflect that importance. Through us, millions of individuals connect to friends and family and have a wealth of information and entertainment at their fingertips. For small local businesses, right through to large multinationals, we help companies to work better and compete effectively in global markets. We are also the backbone for essential public services to be delivered and help national and regional economies grow. Having a fast internet connection has never been more important.
When we get it right we change people’s lives; having empathy with customers whether at home or in the office will help us deliver our priorities and also enable us to play our part in supporting BT’s overall purpose, to use the power of communications to make a better world.
We need leaders who will size the growth opportunity on offer, to transform the cost base and the way in which we operate to ensure slicker delivery, faster throughput of work on our contracts, a more reliable and predictable delivery on time and a better customer experience for our customers and their customers.
* A financial business partnering role, reporting to Senior Manager, Finance.
* The Strategic Infrastructure Development business unit is accountable for strategic stakeholder relationship management and new business development for Openreach. Infrastructure Solutions is a function within SID and is responsible for executive stakeholder management, strategic infrastructure client management & customer service
* Business partnering role looking after repayment works (network rearrangement & 3rd party damage) and insurance claims.
* Accountable for the financial control and stewardship of multiple annual programme budgets of c£90m income and capital expenditure of c£45m. The business unit has c250 FTE direct labour, utilises resource horizontally across SD / FND and also relies on indirect labour relationships with third party partners.
* The role holder will demonstrate strong financial control and analytical thinking, and have overall responsibility and accountability for financial forecasting, strategic planning, actuals reporting / month end activities, management accounts and operational analysis of the unit.
* Accountable for leading the budgetary and financial control activities on behalf of the delivery unit.
* Role holder will need to drive best practice across the business, whilst fostering and enabling an entrepreneurial flair and local ownership.
* Will operate in a highly complex environment with high risk (potential financial or commercial impact, business unit/LOB level visibility, potential reputational impact)
What I’ll be doing
The D Level Manager will be responsible for business partnering at (multiple) Senior Manager/ Principle Level, he/she is expected to be a subject matter expert within the area and specifically accountable for:
* Support the implementation of the strategy for the unit by business partnering teams to provide insights and key reports, aligned to the strategy for the CFU / CU. This role is in highly complex area managing senior relationships across:
* Programme delivery
* Operations management
* 3rd party suppliers
* Resource management
* Strategic capacity planning
* Customer service
* Strategic customers & suppliers
* Group insurance and risk
* External / internal audit
* Regulatory bodies
* Relationship management with senior operational and programme teams. Driving operational and financial efficiencies, and promoting commercial decision making amongst stakeholder groups.
* Improve understanding and impact of financial reporting on performance of the business unit
* Support the continued drive for professionalism amongst programme teams, supported by data analysis and the use of performance impacting key performance indicators.
* Direct partnering on a number of high-profile strategic projects working with delivery project managers and operational teams.
* Deliver transformation into and across the patch, as interlocked with the Transformation team. Identify and track benefits from any transformation activity delivered with the area.
* Programme and OUC P&L ownership. Including appropriate analysis: Programme reviews, Pay & non-pay, TLC, TLR, allowances, OT other SG&A etc.
* Manage and run the month end processes.
* Balance Sheet ownership including management of material debtor and creditor balances, frequent reviews with FD, central finance and audit.
* Driving creation of tactical / strategic forecasts including annual budgets.
* Assurance and risk management – role holder expected to control risks and opportunities across P&L and Balance sheet, actively (i) mitigating risks, (ii) driving opportunities, (iii) driving profit protection initiatives.
* Expected to present to FC & FD and Director for IS, and to MD for SID / CFO Openreach as required.
* Supervisory responsibility of offshore resource.
* Creation / maintenance of financial accounting papers and accountability for managing in-line with group accounting policy.
* Responsibility for setting pricing policy. Creation of cyclical reporting detailing pricing methodologies, to be used by clients and external bodies, possibly to be referenced in court.
* The creation and support of policy, pricing and business cases including presentation to appropriate authority and sign-off boards as required e.g. IBC/OIB/CIB and any post-implementation activity as required.
* Responsible for control on key business risks and controls in the business.
* Steward, lead and partner with the business, to ensure all business activities are carried out in accordance with, and in the spirit of, legislative requirements, and enhance and protect Openreach for now and the future
The skills & experience you need
Specific skills and experience includes:
* Experience of positively influencing business performance by using data, commentary and analysis to inform decision making.
* A true customer champion, with an ability to truly influence customer experience, demonstrating real customer empathy in everything they do
* Strategic thinker with proven experience driving daily concepts to deliver longer term vision with the ability to cut through barriers to bring real clarity and focus to delivering for our customers
* Pragmatic team player, adept at holding others to account through a challenging and supportive leadership style, whilst consistently delivering on their own commitments
* An ability to matrix-manage cross-business teams to complex and multi-phase solutions (across technology, commercial, product and process design, network design and build).
* Advisor and coach to others both within own team and elsewhere, formulates their operational guidelines or in-depth knowledge and advises on specialist area
* Financial authority on new business opportunities and investments. Personally accountable for all business unit costs/revenue performance and business results
* Drives judicious use of resources to maximise productivity and drive cost efficiency and instrumental in driving expansion of margins
* Sponsors/guides the planning, facilitation and completion local finance programmes
* Sets agendas, identifies opportunities and promotes the highest standards of best practice and provides insight on finance work area(s) or specialism
Data Management and Analysis
Business Case Development
Budgeting and Cost Management
* Bachelor’s degree in business or related field (or equivalent experience)
* Fully/Part qualified accountant/QBE/ Further qualification to support specialism with significant PQE (.e.g. CIMA, ACCA, IIA, CISA, ACT, CTA, MCT, IR Society Certificate or equivalent)
* Customer champion
* Bold decision maker
* Solution-focused achiever
* Team coach
* Inspiring communicator
* Change agent
* Collaborative partner
* Commercial thinker
Data Management and Analysis
Business Case Development
Budgeting and Cost Management