3 months ago
• Finance Business Partner – Financial Planning & Stress Testing in our head offices in Swindon
• £50,840 - £73,436 per year (dependent on current salary and banding) plus company car or cash allowance based on a 35 hours a week, permanent contract
• Send in your application by 29th April 2019
For more information, please contact Richard Bennett (Hiring Manager). The Resourcing Manager is Stephanie Tapner
The Financial Planning & Stress Testing team plays a vital role in ensuring Nationwide remains Built to Last, by running a year-round stress testing and forecasting programme that helps senior management really understand risks and vulnerabilities facing the Society. This includes delivery of our annual Concurrent Stress Test to the Bank of England (a truly high-profile deliverable), as well as an increasingly broad range of internal and regulatory stress tests and scenario analysis.
You will be a high performing finance professional with a proven ability to ensure that insights gained from working with colleagues across Finance and Risk communities are communicated to senior management to inform strategic decision making.
This position is an excellent way to really get to know our business through our financial forecasting activities. If you thrive in a fast paced and intellectually stimulating environment, then we would love to hear from you.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you’ll:
• have a strong understanding of the capital framework, as well as understanding the principles behind credit risk and margin;
• have strong problem solving and analytical skills;
• be someone who’s comfortable talking to people at all levels;
• be able to write clear and insightful reports and presentations, focusing on the key messages for senior management;
• be a confident business partner who can work collaboratively with technical and non-technical teams across Finance and Risk; and
• be organised and able to manage a portfolio of deliverables to high standards in a fast-paced environment.
What you'll be doing
This team is a single focal point for delivery of all stress testing activities which includes the production of clear and insightful reports, presentations and management information for use at Executive and Board level committees and in dialogue and communication with the regulator.
• Deliver against an increasingly demanding and broad stress testing and forecasting calendar
• Extensive business partnering with colleagues across the Society
• Production of insightful reporting for ExCo and Board-level committees, as well as the PRA
• Management of the Society’s earnings risk framework
• Provide robust review and challenge of reports, MI, committee papers and decisions being made, ensuring that outputs are accurate and appropriate for the purpose and audience;
• Key business insight generation – draw out key business insights from individual and collective stress testing activities.