8 months ago
* Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
* Salary £15,925 - £15,925
* Contract type Permanent
* Closing date 16/07/2018
* Ref R00ET00144
• Location: Nationwide House, Swindon
• Salary: £15,925 annually, plus performance based bonus and employee benefits
• Permanent, full time contract, working 35-hours per week
• Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship over a period of 2 years
• Start date: 1st October 2018
As an apprentice within our Finance & Efficiency community, you’ll learn the accountancy trade within an interesting, dynamic and fast paced team whilst studying towards a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Professional Services where you’ll work towards the Professional Accountant / Tax Technician CIMA certificate over 2 years.
This Apprenticeship can lead to further professional development, leadership and specialist roles as well as opening a career path with the world’s largest Building Society. We’re looking to discover talent for the future in this business area through this progressive role.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• Have achieved a Grade ‘A’ or ‘B’ in Mathematics GCSE (or equivalent)
• English Language GCSE (or equivalent)
• Pass the online assessments
• Need to be living in the UK
• Be enthusiastic and keen to continuously learn and improve
• Show excellent communication skills
• Be a good team player
It would be nice if you also had:
• Strong A levels preferred but not essential if Maths is evident
• Advanced IT skills, particularly in Word, Powerpoint and Excel
• A strong attention to detail
What you'll be doing
You’ll be doing a real role within the society whilst studying towards a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Professional Services where you’ll work towards the Professional Accountant / Tax Technician CIMA certificate.
Whilst on the apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to do all the tasks required as a team member and have all the coaching and support that you need to ensure that you are continuously learning and improving in your new job. In addition to your new role, we will provide a full company induction, on the job training, development and support from Nationwide as well as your own Apprentice Training Provider Assessor.
As part of your role you’ll be involved in a variety of tasks such as producing regulatory and financial reports, using your problem-solving skills to perform analysis on financial results and being an excellent communicator by sharing your findings with team members. You’ll take responsibility for your own work, and will need to use your own initiative to solve problems.
The extras you'll get
• Give you a real job from day 1
• Get you involved with real business projects with stretching goals
• Increase your business acumen, including commercial and strategic awareness
• Further develop your core skills, such as communication, presentation and influencing
• Allow you to put the theory into practice, applying everything you learn to real-world business issues
• Provide you with professional qualifications
• Support you with a great network of buddies and mentors.
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x notional your salary
• Accident cover worth 3x notional salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Did you know?
Nationwide is the world's largest building society
We're the best Bank/Building Society to work for in the UK
We want to be 1st choice for Financial Services by 2019
We're a top 50 employer for Women
We've been awarded the Carbon Trust Standard
We’re a living wage employer