about 1 year ago
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Field Sales Representative, you advocate for the Cloud Platform as enabling technology for business innovation. You introduce Google Cloud Platform to our customers and accounts, drive awareness in the developer and startup community, and leverage and build the Google Cloud Platform partner ecosystem. In addition, handling complex customer and stakeholder relationships comes naturally to you.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
* Engage with prospect organizations to position Google Cloud Platform solutions through strategic value based solution proposals, references and analyst data.
* Work with Google AdWords and Google Cloud account teams to develop and drive pipeline, and provide guidance. Work with Google Cloud Platform partners to develop campaigns.
* Serve as the primary contact during journeys. Manage records of customer interactions and provide quarterly projections.
* Build a pipeline of customers within selected verticals.
* Leverage Google Sales Engineering and marketing resources, and provide input on current collateral materials and ideas on how to improve them.
* BA/BS degree in a technical or engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in direct client sales and/or management.
* Experience in a field sales role in a global technology company.
* Experience in technology and cloud computing sales.
* Experience in a technology-using platform or infrastructure-as-a-service for sales and relationship management.
* Experience building and cultivating lasting relationships with accounts.
* Understanding of the Big Data landscape and Business Intelligence technologies, as well as knowledge of various cloud technologies (PaaS and IaaS).
* Demonstrated ability to work towards strategic goals in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to engage with both developer audiences as well as C-level IT and business leaders.