6 months ago
Up to £25,000 basic salary, plus uncapped commission and company car.
Are you looking to make a difference? We are on a mission to transform the utility services market.
We are looking for a Field Based Energy Consultant to join our Business Energy Solutions department, within our Enterprise Division.
Your normal working hours will be between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. However, you should be prepared to work longer in peak periods of work – flexibility will certainly be an advantage. You will be working within a 50-mile radius of your home address.
Utilitywise plc is a fast-growing, high-tempo, innovative business that is re-shaping the way that businesses buy and manage their electricity, gas and water. With over 30,000 satisfied customers across the UK and Europe, we’re growing rapidly at a rate of more than 500 new customers per month and are blazing a trail in the market, building a reputation for outstanding service.
We want to transform the utilities market giving our customers more control of their utility spend and consumption.
Utilitywise offers business consumers impartial advice and help in understanding their energy tariffs. With our help, our clients can select the energy supply tariff and a range of products to reduce their energy consumption and lower their carbon footprint. These energy saving products include smart meters, carbon offsetting, state-of-the-art circuit level monitors, energy audits and more.
Our success is a reflection of our people, so being a great business depends on us having great people.
We’ve invested in over £10 million in:
* Unique cutting edge technologies
* New customer service departments
* Extensive marketing campaigns
* Developing sales strategies
We have ambitious growth plans and want ambitious people to support them!
Reporting to one of our experienced Team Managers, you’ll work within the Field Based Operation, within our Enterprise Division.
You will be working for a growing global company that shares a well-defined vision. You will have the chance to grow and develop with our company. You will support the company with their vision and mission statement, following our guiding principles:
* Do the right thing
* Break the mould and challenge the norm
* Deliver with passion and energy
* United together
* People matter
As an Energy Consultant, it will be your responsibility to populate your own prospect pipeline and provide an unparalleled service to our customers. You will be helped by Utilitywise’s custom-designed customer relationship management software, our training and monitoring programmes, and advice and help from colleagues.
This is a field-based role. Our clients stretch the length and breadth of the UK so most of our interactions are via the telephone; you must have a professional phone manner and be comfortable selling and interacting with clients in this way.
Your working day will be fast-paced and intense from start to finish.
Responsibilities and Skills Required
* Develop relationships with future customers
* Present unique solutions which save our customers time, money and reduce their carbon emissions
* Sell solutions
* Contact businesses with the aim of adding value to their utility contracts
* To achieve daily/weekly/monthly sales and revenue targets
* To achieve the target conversion rates set
* To adhere to the sales compliance rules at all times – all sales are generated in line with our quality standards
* To ensure the target rejection/losses rate is not exceeded
* To accurately complete all customer details and sales information to the required standard
* Professionally represent a leading water and energy management consultancy
* You will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work within the UK
* A full driving license, with the right to drive within the UK; you will be required to provide proof of this during our recruitment and selection process
* Minimum of 12 months experience, suited to this role – we would welcome candidates from all sales backgrounds
* Experience working in a business to business sales role would be advantageous, but isn’t essential
* Knowledge of the energy sector is useful but not essential because we offer a comprehensive training programme
* Experience in high-value consultative selling would also be an advantage but is not essential
* Have the ability to communicate effectively and professionally to all customers
* The ability to work as part of a team, supporting colleagues where necessary
* The ability to be self-motivated and focused on continually achieving and exceeding targets
* Can demonstrate creativity and the ability to think outside of the box
* Target and results driven
Most important is your drive for success, passion for sales and ambition. In return, we offer a fantastic package including an excellent basic salary of up to £25,000, commission and bonus scheme.
We are committed to developing our employees through ongoing training and development. We are proud to have developed a number of our employees, who have in turn progressed through the business. This is definitely the company for you if you want to progress!
We work in brand new offices and offer employees a range of benefits which include:
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Eyecare Vouchers
* Refer a friend Love to Shop vouchers
* Employee Flexicar Scheme
* A very attractive holiday package – you can buy and sell leave, plus accrue extra days based on your length of service
* Health and Wellbeing Schemes
* Life Assurance
* Employee Engagement Committee
* Fantastic progression opportunities
* A brilliant Training Department
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Discount Restaurant Cards
* Social events
* Plus many more on access to our employee benefits intranet site
Utilitywise plc is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
For any roles that require the use of a vehicle: candidates will need to provide us with authorisation to check the validity of their driving license to allow them to drive in the UK.