15 days ago
• Financial Crime Senior Analyst in our head offices in Swindon, supporting the ABC Officer in overseeing the Anti-Bribery and Corruption program across the Society
• £25,421 - £28,246 a year on a 12-month Fixed Term contract, working 35 hours per week
• Salary dependent on current package and internal policy
• Send in your application by 10/12/2018
Our Financial Crime department is responsible for protecting Nationwide and its members from all types of financial crime, including; money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions compliance and bribery and corruption. This role is in a department with; an outstanding reputation, captivating subject matter and industry leading results that will see you work alongside advanced detection systems, reacting to ever changing methods of financial crime, whilst striving to deliver exceptional customer experience.
The Financial Crime Senior Analyst will be responsible for collation and analysis of risk assessment and management information data from across the Society to support the operation of an effective ABC program. This will necessitate interacting with all areas of the Society to ensure the accurate and timely collation and analysis of data from the risk assessment tool and G & H systems and provision of findings both back to business areas and in support of senior management reporting. The role will also provide support to the ABC officer in carrying out investigations, under direction, into matters relating to bribery or corruption concerns within all areas of the Society.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you must have:
• Significant experience in analysing and assimilating large and diverse amounts of information to establish the facts in a given situation and using sound unbiased judgement to recommend an informed outcome.
• Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering / Combating Terrorist Financing / Anti-Bribery and Corruption / Sanctions, both practical and theoretical, including legislation and regulation.
• Knowledge and understanding of AML processes and systems and application of these, with extensive experience in managing Suspicious Activity Reports and Politically Exposed Persons.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, high attention to detail and the ability to produce quality documentation and reporting.
• Strong time management, prioritisation and organisation skills.
• Proven presentation, facilitation, negotiation, influencing, training skills, focusing upon training new starters and ongoing coaching.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple stakeholders at all levels, maintaining a professional, objective and independent approach, ensuring discretion is demonstrated when working on highly sensitive and strictly confidential matters.
• Experience in producing MI and analysing, collating and interpreting data.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Knowledge of Nationwide’s products, processes and systems, focusing on banking and savings and supporting distribution channels.
• Knowledge of financial crime systems and controls.
• ICA Financial Crime, AML or investigation related qualification.
• Experience relating to formal investigation or corporate, criminal and or civil investigations
What you'll be doing
• Supporting the ABC officer with the effective operation of the antibribery and corruption program
• Supporting investigations and enhanced due diligence activities into complex suspicions, Politically Exposed Persons and other high-risk relationships.
• Reviewing and authorising entries made within the Gifts and Hospitality process including when necessary investigating and reporting on breaches and or incidents of non-compliance ensuring the operation meets the standards set by internal policies and procedures and ensuring the future management of cases is in line with internal risk appetite.
• Providing ongoing technical guidance and support to AML Analysts as and when required.
• Supporting the delivery of appropriate training and education to team members, both new starters and existing members, to maintain and enhance their awareness, understanding and ability to perform their roles relating to the anti-bribery and corruption program when required
• Maintaining all operational processes and procedures, ensuring they comply within internal policies and standards, looking to realise efficiencies and identify improvement opportunities.
• Providing technical expertise on local business area initiatives relating to ABC and wider aspects of financial crime.
• Help support on initiatives linked to the Department Strategy.