Export Sales Manager, Construction Steel into Merchants. Covering the South East of England with field sales trips into Western Europe. £40,000 Basic, OTE £45,000 uncapped + Car and Excellent benefits. UK manufacturer of construction steel, structural steel, ribbed steel bars, rebars, etc. require an Area Sales Manager to look after the portfolio of merchant accounts in the South East of England. Also, you will manage field sales agents across Western Europe.
Major clients in the UK include Builders Merchants (both major national chains and independents), steel stockholders and some sizeable direct end users including local Authorities and significant building and civil engineering contractors. Your responsibilities in Europe are motivating and assisting self-employed field sales agents.
The role requires a strong character with account management experience and another European language in addition to English. Reporting to the UK General Manager, you will be responsible for defining and executing your own strategy, together with managing your diary to ensure that you deliver maximum results.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have field sales account management experience together with some international sales exposure and ideally knowledge of managing agents.
* You will be highly consultative in approach and have exceptional customer management and account management abilities.
* Experience in export sales or international sales with a European language in addition to English.
* Good general understanding of doing business across a wide and diverse range of business cultures
* Experience of managing local agents and/or distributor networks (hiring, firing, managing, mentoring, motivating, etc.)
* Familiarity with export processes, documentation, etc.
As a person:
* You will be self-motivated, highly organised and have a clear and planned structure towards business development and increasing the annual spend of your account base.
* You will be highly credible and reliable individual that is well presented and target oriented.
* You will naturally be able to communicate across all levels and have a creative streak and a desire to provide total customer satisfaction.
* The ideal candidate will be comfortable managing accounts both large and small and will not be fazed by negotiating contracts to supply worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.
This vacancy is being advertised by Aaron Wallis Recruitment and Training Limited operating as an Employment Agency, registered in England No. 6356563