4 months ago
The Exhibition sales team at Future run a portfolio of highly successful Home Interest events across the UK. We target the self-build and home improvement market and are ambitious to grow new business participation in our consumer events.
Future runs 2 successful shows in Glasgow and Edinburgh each year. We have a strong belief that there is an untapped market of clients that should be participating at these events so we are seeking to maximise our revenue through growing the business base.
Job Summary & Purpose
In order to tap into the Scottish market, we are looking for an Account Manager to be based remotely in Scotland and to focus purely on developing new and existing business contacts with the ultimate goal of driving new revenue to the 2 Scottish shows.
New business is an essential part of this role and a defined KPI will be the addition of relevant new business each month in order to build a pipeline that will yield results from months 3 onwards.
You will be required to generate revenue by contacting and adding prospective new clients as well as managing existing accounts from the sales database.
Key role responsibilities:
* Driving new revenue to our 2 Scottish Shows
* Increasing spend from existing exhibitors
* Sourcing new business
* Finding a headline sponsor for both events
* Presenting face to face to existing and potential clients
Essential skills and experience:
* Commercially-aware and KPI driven with a proven track record of delivering.
* Track record in events, media or sales environment
* Self-motivated to achieve personal targets
* This role requires working remotely from the team so you will need to be a self-starter
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to produce great written communication and engage effectively with clients face to face and on the phone.
* Confident, Engaging and outgoing
* Strong relationship builder with a naturally consultative sales style
* Valid UK Driving Licence
* Based in Scotland with the ability to travel regularly to the Glasgow and Edinburgh areas.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter for the role.
As part of the interview process, candidates will be expected to prepare a face-to-face presentation to showcase their ability to sell effectively face-to-face and to demonstrate an understanding of the market in which the Homebuilding & Renovating brand operates.