9 months ago
Executive Performance Management and Governance Manager, 6 to 9 Month FTC – London or Milton Keynes
Job Title: Executive Performance Management and Governance Manager, 6 to 9 Month FTC – London or Milton Keynes
Date Closes: 29/12/2017
Ref Number: A20221
You like going further
We’ll take the journey with you
We have an exciting opportunity for an Executive Performance Management and Governance Manager to join our team.
The role holder will be accountable for implementing the Executive Performance Management process “myContribution” and the regulatory requirements in performance management for the Material Risk Taker (MRT) population; you will manage the process, maintaining documentation and accuracy around performance narratives around MRTs.
This role sits within the wider Organisation Effectiveness team, and as a team they focus on making the organisation as effective as possible through optimal organisation design, creating a great culture, managing performance effectively, creating a diverse and inclusive environment and high engagement and well-being. The whole team is focused on building the right environment to enable people to operate at their best.
As the manager, you will also be responsible for implementing HR governance and controls across the bank, ensuring we have the right level around our performance management process.
Our people are passionate about truly listening to our customers to make banking more simple, personal and fair. And change like that doesn’t happen unless we all speak up with new ideas and challenge things that could be better. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone supports each other to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond – every day.
This is an exciting time to join the team as you will partake in exciting projects such as the new Executive Performance Management strategy; although this has already been designed you will need to bring it to life and build a relationship with Group colleagues based in Madrid around its application here in the UK.
As an Executive Performance Management and Governance Manager your main responsibilities will be
* Providing technical performance management expertise to designated business areas such as Retail Banking, Central Control Functions or Global Divisions, delivering effective Executive performance management solutions.
* Implementing the regulation for performance management which is imposed by the European Banking Authority and locally by PRA and FCA across the bank.
* Managing all aspects of the annual performance management, “myContribution” approach and regulatory proposition for the Bank’s executive population; priorities setting, annual 360, calibration and end of year review.
* Working closely with the Senior Leadership Teams, Heads of HR, HR BPs and Senior Managers in a Relationship Management capacity to fully understand the current and future business challenges, and to develop and implement performance management related solutions in support of the business agenda.
* Production and presentation of support materials/packs on performance management for the communication and engagement with Executive Committee Members, Divisional Senior Leadership Teams, HR Leadership team, HR Business Partners, Bank wide and recognised unions, bringing together research and our own business context.
* Build a relationship with the Group performance management team on the approach to executive performance management
Minimum skills and experience required
* Deep knowledge of performance management and reward issues and related legislation and cultural change in organisations or be able to demonstrate the learning agility to build knowledge
* Ability to effectively manage relationships across the HR Community, other business areas and at peer level and level above.
* Business acumen and conceptual application with Finance Sector knowledge.
* Excellent numerical, analytical and data management skills.
* Strong Project Management and relationship skills.
* Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
This role can be based in either our London or Milton Keynes office
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
Alternatively you might prefer to be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
With over 150 years of experience, we’ve built a strong, international presence, with more branches worldwide than any other bank. Dedicated to making things simple, personal and fair for our customers, our aim is to become the best bank in the UK, and we know we can’t make it happen without our people. That’s why we promote an environment where everyone counts. With us, you’ll be encouraged to develop both professionally and personally, and by listening to your unique perspective, and turning your ideas into action, we’ll grow along with you.
We are committed to being fully inclusive and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Through our partnerships and employee led networks we seek to empower everyone to develop their full potential. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
In order to help you achieve a reasonable balance between your home and working life we support you in meeting your commitments outside of work and offer a range of flexible work options, including part-time working, job sharing, career breaks and flexible holiday options. We also support you to make a difference in your local community with volunteering and fundraising schemes.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Share by Email
Did you know?
Santander are delighted to be headline sponsor of the GNI Awards 2017. It is just one of the ways in which we show our commitment to the LGBT+ community