5 months ago
Information on the company
Our client is employed by hotel owners and investors to purchase furnishings for hotels around the world… Imagine turning a hotel upside down - they buy everything that could fall out. They work for every leading player in the hotel industry!
This is a permanent graduate job based in central London with a starting salary of £20,000.
What does the company do:
As the world’s leading furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) and operating supplies and equipment (OS&E) purchasing firm, our client has earned an unparalleled reputation for cost effective, industry-leading results. Uniquely in our industry, we act as a fiduciary purchasing agent by negotiating FF&E and OS&E purchases on the owner’s behalf.
They manage and protect their client's investments through industry-leading pricing, terms, product quality, customer service, and project delivery.
How you can expect to spend your day:
You will be responsible for assisting the Managing Director on a day to day basis, with a strong emphasis on business development. The role is diverse and the ability to multitask is essential. An excellent phone manner is a must, the role will require a friendly and tenacious personality who will build lasting relationships with clients.
• Assist the Managing Director
• Cultivate new client contacts via telephone and email
• Attend industry events, often in the evening and represent the company
• Stay up to date with current hotel trends via industry journals
• Online research of hotel market
• Maintain, in conjunction with the project team, the new website
• Follow up on requests for references and project photographs with clients
• Assist with any filing requirements
• General office administration tasks
• Answer and direct telephone calls
• Organize and schedule client meetings and associated travel
• Maintain telephone contact with client contacts
• Management expenses
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
• Educated to degree level
• Well organised
• Ability to manage complex tasks with multiple requirements
• Good writing and communication skills
• Confident, personable and enthusiastic
• Resourceful and self-sufficient
• Able to take the initiative
• Strong computer skills, particularly with MS Office (Excel /Word /Powerpoint /Outlook)
• Fluent in spoken and written English
What are the perks of interning at this company?
• Fast progression for those with the right attitude.
• The chance to earn responsibility whilst learning an industry from the leader in their field.
• The chance to work on fantastic hotel and restaurant projects both across the UK and internationally.
• Working with a great team of people.
• Opportunity to work in a vibrant trendy location – with dogs in the office to keep you company!
Apply for this role