about 1 year ago
We are Future, a global multi-platform media company with big ambitions and the talent to bring them to life. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer.
We’re the name behind award-winning brands in specialist sectors like technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, field sports, knowledge and home interest. Specialists in our field and passionate about what we do, every year we attract millions of consumers to our websites, magazines, events and social spaces.
We’re dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time. But that’s not enough – we’re continually adding to our portfolio, building on our technology and investing in our people. Everything we do is born from our desire to innovate and influence and we restlessly look to improve. We hire people we can learn from and we work together to push the boundaries of what can be done.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients and shareholders. Our shareholders have watched Future transition into an innovative global platform for specialist media, our share price has performed well in parallel with both the transition and our growing ability in making our content pay. Shares Magazine have issued their 10 stocks for 2018 which includes Future as one of their top picks.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work and the kind of personal development that makes every day even more enjoyable and challenging. We believe it to be a really existing time to join Future.
Every kind of talent is celebrated and nurtured here. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, which means we don’t have a Future headquarters. Across our offices in London, Bath, New York, Sydney, Bournemouth, Bromsgrove and San Francisco, each and every one of us is playing a part in driving our business forward.
Job Summary & Purpose
A unique chance to join a dynamic and driven Media Publishing firm in Central London. A friendly, sociable yet professional team, you will need a strong work ethic and outgoing personality. A classic Executive Assistant role, you will be responsible for supporting the Board & Exec member(s) in London (including the CFO). You will need to be highly proactive, on the ball, able to pre-empt problems and adaptable. The ideal candidate will have experience of supporting Executive Board members in a fast paced environment and have the ability to prioritise.
Key role responsibilities
● Complex diary and travel coordination and management (including that of Executive Directors)
● Meeting coordination and minute taking
● Support all Board & Exec members when in London
● Phone coverage for allocated teams
● Assisting in maintenance of records
● Preparing PowerPoint presentations and Excel documents
● General administration support and first point of contact for admin queries – expenses admin, information packs
● Ad hoc project work as and when required
● Arranging and attending corporate events
● Coordinating team events/meetings/client meetings etc
● Office management; ordering supplies etc
Special requirements of the role – possible travel to Bath required on irregular basis for business updates. Out of hours working and being available on the phone will also be required.
Essential skills and experience
● Demonstrable PA and office management experience – supporting Exec teams
● Strong MS Office skills – Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
● Proactive and positive attitude
● Excellent interpersonal skills, confident communication skills and assertive
● Ability to problem solve and use initiative
● Works well under pressure
● High attention to detail
● Flexible, highly adaptable attitude
● Fantastic organisational skills and time management
● Able to multitask effectively
● Has worked in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
● Good numerical skills
● Able to work and adapt in an environment that changes at pace
Preferred skills and experience
● Experience of Media Publishing or Advertising environment
● Experience of using Gmail, Google Docs and Google Hangouts