7 months ago
Executive and Regulatory Reward Manager – London
Job Title: Executive and Regulatory Reward Manager – London
Date Closes: 29/12/2017
Ref Number: A20566
You like going further
We’ll take the journey with you
As the Executive and Regulatory Reward Manager you will be accountable for implementing the executive pay and bonus process, acting as the company expert in executive and regulatory remuneration; the role holder will determine and implement the remuneration Policy and Framework.
You will provide technical reward expertise to designated business areas such as Retail Banking, Central Control Functions or Global Divisions and thereby seek to deliver effective reward solutions to specific business areas; you will continuously look for process improvements for reward solutions.
Our people are passionate about truly listening to our customers to make banking more simple, personal and fair. And change like that doesn’t happen unless we all speak up with new ideas and challenge things that could be better. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone supports each other to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond – every day.
This is an exciting opportunity as you will join a fast paced team who deal with senior technical reward programmes, therefore you will have a high impact on the senior population within the bank. This is a fantastic opportunity to help improve the remuneration experience and to develop and engage with the most senior leaders in the bank.
As an Executive and Regulatory Reward Manager your main responsibilities will be
* Implementation of the company’s reward strategy in one or more divisions across the organisation, establishing effective working relationships with Business Partners and Senior Line Managers.
* Working with other Reward Managers, the Senior Manager and the Head of Reward to develop and deliver reward policies and strategies which are aligned to the overall HR and business strategy.
* Managing annual pay and bonus reviews, which also entails management of cost modelling, budgetary projections, market benchmarking, policy writing and creating training materials for HRBPs and Line Managers.
* Designing company-wide cash compensation plans such as the company’s annual performance bonus and divisional bonus plans.
* Managing multiple reward projects within a complex and ever changing environment, which are likely to be matrix driven and working across support divisions, 3rd party suppliers and other Santander entities.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Proven experience of executive reward specialisms, preferably within the Financial Services.
* Excellent stakeholder management at all senior levels; able to manage multiple stakeholders across projects business wide.
* Strong data analysis skills, able to provide meaningful interpretations to HR colleagues or stakeholders.
* Highly confident, able to challenge when required, defending decisions and proposing solutions.
* Agile and adaptable, able to run numerous projects, tasks and activities simultaneously.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private Medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station.
It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
With over 150 years of experience, we’ve built a strong, international presence, with more branches worldwide than any other bank. Dedicated to making things simple, personal and fair for our customers, our aim is to become the best bank in the UK, and we know we can’t make it happen without our people. That’s why we promote an environment where everyone counts. With us, you’ll be encouraged to develop both professionally and personally, and by listening to your unique perspective, and turning your ideas into action, we’ll grow along with you.
We are committed to being fully inclusive and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Through our partnerships and employee led networks we seek to empower everyone to develop their full potential. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
In order to help you achieve a reasonable balance between your home and working life we support you in meeting your commitments outside of work and offer a range of flexible work options, including part-time working, job sharing, career breaks and flexible holiday options. We also support you to make a difference in your local community with volunteering and fundraising schemes.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Share by Email
Did you know?
Through the Santander Foundation we support UK registered charities and in 2016 we donated over £5 million to help marginalised communities.