We are one of the major global manufacturers of HFC Chemicals - with succession planning in mind we are keen to recruit a commercially driven, people centric, well-travelled professional. Managing our European Sales & Marketing operation, the role involves contributing to and developing a strategy which effectively combats challenging market conditions.
BASIC: £75,000 - £80,000
· £15,000 - £20,000 Bonus (25% Bonus Scheme)
· Car Allowance (£7,000 / £8,000)
· 14% Pension (9% from Employer, 5% Employee)
· Healthcare inc family,
· 25 Days Holiday,
· Onsite Gym
· Full Travel Expenses
Territory: Based from our Runcorn offices your remit will cover the UK and Europe
You must be commutable to the Runcorn office, although you could currently live : Liverpool, Manchester, Chester, Crewe, Macclesfield, Stockport, Stoke on Trent, Wigan, Bolton, St Helens or Warrington.
This role will appeal to you if you:
· Are a strong commercially minded people focused manager.
· Want to be with a business at the forefront of innovation, one which is committed to cleaner chemicals / gases.
· Enjoy working in a global matrix environment where you can influence strategy and direction.
· Are career focused, with succession planning being a prominence in your own development.
JOB SPECIFICATION: European Commercial Manager – Chemicals / Gases
This is a brand-new role within the business, reporting directly to and working closely with the EMEAI Commercial Director with a view to progressing into that role. Giving clear support and leadership to the European team, you will deliver the commercial activity, maximise gross margin and cash in line with the business strategy.
We are in a both complex and exciting time, the European HFC market is strictly regulated under the F-Gas Regulation, you will need to understand the regulation and optimise the businesses position within the HFC quota system. The EU market is in a period of significant change to lower GWP products, therefore quickly gaining a good understanding of the forward trends and our positioning in the market.
Effectively we need you to;
· Contribute to, then deliver the overall regional strategy, goals and targets.
· Direct, develop and motivate the EU commercial team (Sales, Marketing, S&OP, and Customer Service to deliver and exceed targets. 5 direct reports, c15 indirect.
· Manage the marketing activity to ensure delivery of the strategy ($100,000+ budget).
· Work closely with customers (medical and refrigeration) and R&D in the creation, development and then the introduction of new products.
· Integrate with your peers to ensure a ‘single message’ to the wider business.
What experience should you have: European Commercial Manager – Chemicals / Gases
To be successful in your application you must have presence, gravitas and a personality which breaks down barriers and inspires engagement through understanding, knowledge and empathy.
We are interested in candidates who have previously:
· Managed a team of multicultural / multinational individuals with different drivers and motivators.
· Developed and implemented sales and marketing strategies in a complex matrix bias organisation.
· Operated with technically bias industrial products – Chemicals / Gases / Adhesives – not equipment or components.
· Held and delivered against $100+ Million target.
· Built a team which has consistently delivered and developed a strong identity.
Obviously, any experience of working within a heavily regulated field with be a distinct advantage, however, whilst experience of our market is not an essential requirement, it is expected that you will quickly immerse yourself in the legality and regulations we are bound by.
When we say a global player, we really mean it! We are proud to have operations in over 40 countries worldwide (commercial activities in 100) and 20,000+ employees, our products are used by billions of consumers every day, from the air conditioning in your car, through to using an inhaler (we have 75% market share) we truly are global. This role focuses on the division which manufactures HFC’s for Medical Propellants, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
HFC products have been a major contributor to global warming, we are acutely aware of this and along with governments and major brands we are committed to and making huge investment into the innovation and manufacture of cleaner more efficient products.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Matthew Hogg quoting European Commercial Manager – Chemicals / Gases and reference MGH15524 to DD: +Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.