3 months ago
Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
Salary: £50,377 to £72,709
Contract type: Permanent
• Engagement Manager – The Analytics Hub; Data & Analytics Community.
• £50,377 to £72,709 per annum plus bonus and benefits on a permanent, 35-hour contract.
• Send in your application by 21st December 2018.
The Analytics Hub sits in a new data led community and provides analytic and data science based solutions to all areas of the organisation from Proposition Development, Financial Crime, Digital Strategy and Retail through to our Process Improvement functions. Our content solves real business problems through advanced and innovative uses of data to improve services, products and customer experience as well as drive efficiency and profitability of the Society.
Data is our most valuable asset and there has never been a more exciting time to be part of a multi-skilled Analytics Hub in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Nationwide are investing heavily in our data and analytics capabilities and people to help drive value for our members and support the Society’s strategy and aspirations. The Analytics Hub is central to creating this transformation.
Who we're looking for
Who we're looking for:
We’re looking for an Engagement manager with a specialism in analytics, to join a team of people passionate about innovating and driving value from data. You’ll have the opportunity to engage with key business stakeholders to identify value opportunities, develop sprint plans to deliver against these and lead the end to end opportunity from idea through to implementation.
To achieve this, we are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive opportunity that will bring fresh ideas and methods to the current team.
As a minimum, you’ll:
• Be a great communicator and adept at telling a story with data, be good at building relationships and influencing across all levels in the organisation.
• Be able to identify value opportunities through stakeholder engagement.
• Have a background in Data and Analytics and understand how Data Science techniques benefit the business.
• Have completed end to end analytical pieces of work, bringing the output to life through compelling story telling to ensure business adoption.
• Be driven to deliver projects to time and quality.
• Demonstrate leadership capabilities
• Have a numerate degree.
• Be innovative, creative and agile, developing and championing new ideas, spotting opportunities, and learning fast along the way.
What you'll be doing
You will be working within the centre of excellence of a hub-and-spoke data science team in an Opportunity Lead role. This will involve collaborating with different communities to understand the difficulties they currently face and identify areas for improvement. This will lead you to identify new analytics use cases for the team to deliver. You will be working collaboratively with multiple capabilities within the hub team to deliver on these opportunities.
This role involves building and strengthening relationships with diverse stakeholders across the Society. It is important that you are comfortable working with senior business leaders, creating compelling data driven stories to support your outputs and findings. This includes showcasing our successes within Data & Analytics community to demonstrate the art of the possible. The demand for innovation and analytics across the organisation is ever increasing and you will have significant scope to grow with the role.
As part of the Analytics Practice that sits within our Data & Analytics community, your focus will be engaging business stakeholders to understand their key business challenges, identifying where analytics can help, building high quality trusted analysis/models, and then delivering the outputs in compelling business terms to underpin the successful delivery of our business strategy.
Nationwide is currently investing in implementing a new Big Data platform based on Hortonworks Hadoop, Teradata and Open Source tooling. We’ll use this technology to develop a strong data science capability and you will be at the forefront of early adopters looking to embrace and grow this capability in order to deliver new, innovative insight into our business.