9 months ago
As a ChannelAdvisor platform expert, the EMEA Sales Engineer will be responsible for supporting a growing Sales Team with the proper tools, strategy, and support to sign long term Channeladvisor customers. The successful candidate will assist with product demonstrations, perform opportunity analyses, and strategise with Sales Executives to determine the best way to pitch our software/services. The Sales Engineer will also liaise between Sales and Product Management/Services, ensuring that the feedback gathered on sales calls is relayed to the Product management team, and that the Sales team is aware of all changes/enhancements to our platform and products.
Essential Job Functions:
* Assist Sales Executives with product demonstrations on calls and meetings.
* Help train Sales Executives on channel, product, and integration strategies.
* Assist Marketing and PM with developing the pitch for new products and/or
enhancements to existing products.
* Field ad hoc technical inquiries from prospective clients regarding product functionality, industry strategy, implementation/integration options, and/or full service processes.
* Gather competitive intelligence and product feature suggestions/needs from prospective clients and communicate these suggestions/needs to the Product Management team.
* Participate in cross-functional internal discussions to ensure that Sales needs are being met throughout the organisation.
* Review Inventory data files for required/recommended values, and communicate
requirements to prospects.
* Participate in and lead Integration discussion meetings and calls with prospective clients
* Work collaboratively with Services and Implementation groups to ensure 100% customer satisfaction and optimise chances for process improvement.
* Minimum 3 years experience in a SaaS environment required
* Experience with or understanding of API concepts and data transfer protocols such as FTP required
* Experience working with the following product data feed formats required: CSV, TXT, XML
* Strong communication skills; the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Clear understanding of, and ability to leverage, Business Case/ROI benefits within Sales campaigns.
* Must be willing to travel (typically a few times /month), if the client interaction warrants it
* Ability to work with little instruction on day-to-day work, and achieve results when presented with only general instructions on new assignments.
* Experience with or understanding of EDI formats a plus
* Experience with retail and/or manufacturing companies a plus.
* Understanding of online marketing and advertising concepts a plus.
* Background in software development and customer service a plus.
* Ability to communicate with C-level prospects, as well as development teams.
ChannelAdvisor offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran or military status and other protected class characteristics.