9 days ago
EM FI & FX Sales
EM FI & FX Sales
Client Dealing Functions
e.g. individuals in client-facing roles who are subject to qualification requirements as set out in FCA’s Training and Competence Sourcebook. This includes those who advise on investments and perform related functions (such as dealing and arranging), deal as principal or agent, corporate finance and arrange deals in investments, or act as investment manager.
Manager of Certification Employees
e.g. individuals who supervise or manage a certified person directly or indirectly
e.g. individuals who are dealing in regulated investments as a principal.
e.g. Individuals who approve a trading algorithm for deployment or monitor and decide whether or not to use a trading algorithm and whether it remains compliant with the firm’s obligations
Summary of Key Responsibilities
The sales role will involve supporting the EM sales team in areas such as account on boarding, trade booking, trade issues resolution and revenue reporting. The candidate will also shadow senior sales people on accounts with a view to building up their own client list over time.
Both on desk and formal training will be provided.
Client contact in relation to regulated activity
• Contacting clients or dealing with the property of the client in relation to the firm’s activities of dealing or arranging deals in investments
Summary of Key Competencies
To develop and maintain across the business area integrated risk management to identify, assess, manage and report risks and controls enabling the achievement of strategic objectives and supporting the Santander UK's corporate goals within agreed risk appetite constraints and according to the Santander UK Risk Framework. Ensuring the Bank operates effectively in adherence to internal policies and legislative/regulatory guidelines of relevant external authorities. If the role is in Line 2, takes accountability for Risk Control.
Closely collaborate within the Credit & EM sales teams. Help to interact with other departments internally such as middle office and back office and closely collaborate with trading and syndicate
Takes action to align the organisation around the client and the Group’s mutual success. Acts to develop customer relationships and seeks to exceed client's expectations. Leads others to actively manage new business opportunities, improve service quality and exceed customer expectations.
Qualifications/Accreditations/Professional Membership & Level
e.g CISI Regulatory Module
e.g CISI Securities Module
e.g CISI Derivatives Module
- No specific fixed income experience necessary, but the ability to demonstrate experience in a sales/marketing field will be helpful. The candidate will be expected to pass the FCA certification process.
- A basic understanding of Fixed Income markets and basic product knowledge.
- Excel skills essential
- The role requires professional collaboration with the departments internally of Santander GCB and strictly embrace Santander’s culture personal, simple, fair
- Externally this culture should also be followed by interacting with clients.
e.g. Educated to Degree level in Finance & Economics