3 months ago
Domestic Appliance Retail Sales Assistant
Heathfield, East Sussex (TN21 0XU)
Are you outgoing and customer focused?
Do you have an interest in home technology, online retail and enjoy working as part of a team?
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic person to join their team at one of the largest independent domestic appliance retailers in the south of England.
You will be engaging with customers in the store, on the telephone and online, handling sales leads in a proficient and effective manner. Your goal is to close sales whilst making sure you have listened to your customers needs and advised them correctly on the products available. You will strive to provide a superior after care service, gaining loyal long term customers.
Your day will be varied and you will always be involved in the day to day running of the company so you will need a broad range of skill sets and be open to learning new skills to develop a sound knowledge of the Domestic Appliance retail industry.
Domestic appliances product knowledge is key to good sales; you will attend manufacturers training courses and complete online training updates throughout your employment and continually update your own knowledge using information our client provides along with in store training and updates.
Candidates with previous knowledge in this field will have a considerable advantage.
Our clients website is an important part of the customer interface so you will often be required to assist with general website administration, therefore, you must be fully computer literate and happy to learn new software programmes.
As part of our clients team, everyday requirements can often include keeping shop floor displays up to date and well maintained and helping customers with take away sales and taking in deliveries so there will be occasions where you will be required to lift heavy items, therefore good physical strength is required.
The position is full-time 5 days per week including Saturdays
Office and retail skills required:
• Reliable & punctual
• Physically fit
• 2 year minimum retail experience
• Excellent telephone manner
• English & maths preferably to A level standard
• Smart, presentable, polite and well mannered
• Happy to work in a team, sometimes under pressure during busy periods
• Able to put forward new ideas
• Good retention skills, fast learner
• Good attention to detail
• Able to follow instructions from managers and work with own initiative
• Computer literate
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Windows operating systems and databases
Other skills which would be an advantage:
• Sales experience especially in White Goods domestic appliances
• Sales, business and or marketing qualifications/experience
• Experience with EPOS systems/customer database invoice generating software
• Customer service experience
• SEO knowledge
• Website admin/copy writing experience
• Online marketing knowledge
• Social media in retail knowledge
• EBAY listing experience
• Full UK driving licence
• Domestic Appliance or kitchen design retail experience
In addition to your salary our client offers
• Sales incentive schemes
• Great staff discounts
• Company uniform
• 28 days paid holiday
• 9-5.30 working day
• Small friendly team
Please apply online today and submit your current CV and contact details.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close
5 days ago
only 23 days until close
5 days ago
only 2 days until close