12 months ago
The Lead Cast Member represents the Disney brand, and leads the cast in engaging Guests in magical experiences throughout the Store. They set consistently high standards and they teach, coach and support the team to provide exceptional Guest Service. They are a mentor and a role model for Managers and Cast Members and create a high energy work environment, to drive Disney’s initiatives and to achieve its goals. They are accountable for the store’s performance at all times and drive the team to exceptional results through motivation, effective scheduling and controlling costs.
* Takes responsibility for company Visual Merchandising standards, to ensure the presentation of Stage, Backstage and Window Displays is outstanding
* Leads and monitors Cast execution of Visual Merchandising standards using guidelines provided in delivery, markdowns, recovery and replenishment, and Stage moves, including checking correct POS
* Teaches and guides Cast Members to ensure Disney Visual Merchandising standards are constantly achieved
* Drives positive results in key performance indicators including sales, conversion, Average Guest Spend, Units Per Transaction, and Magic Touch and able to explain these KPIs to cast members
* Drives Cast Members to achieve KPIs, such as GoWiths, through games and activities
* Sets priorities and manages time effectively and efficiently
* Able to stage manage, lead, and coach Cast Members to provide great Guest Service and prioritise tasks to achieve sales results
* Represents the Disney Brand, leading by example to provide Guests with Magical Experiences
* Mentors, trains and coaches Cast Members to develop their ability to provide Magical Service
* Actively approaches guests in a warm and friendly manner, listens and asks questions to identify and meet Guests’ needs
* Coaches Cast Members to identify opportunities to surprise and delight Guests of all ages using Disney product knowledge and Storytelling
* Keeps up to date with Disney Knowledge through use of store tools and resources, encourages team to do the same, and builds team knowledge through effective training
* Tailors approach to each Guest, and learns quickly when facing new requests or challenges. Uses information to find solutions remembering the Most Important Policy and to always put the Guest first
* Plan, manage and monitor effectiveness of scripted and non-scripted events for Guests in both one-on-one and group settings
* Drives the performance of the team to achieve and improve Magic Touch (Mystery Shop) results
* Assists Store Management team to ensure Store’s total compliance to Disney Policies, Store Operating Procedures and local employment law (including Health and Safety Procedures, Loss Prevention, and cash handling)
* Ensures integrity of the brand by monitoring and maintaining Disney Store grooming guidelines and standards of behavior
* Champions Disney sponsored events that integrate the Disney brand into the local community (Volunt’EARs) initiatives that give back and have a positive impact
* Processes delivery in a fast and accurate manner following all guidelines and achieving process goals
* Achieves shrinkage results and ensures accuracy when completing Stock Inventory Counts and tasks
* Responsible for implementing a consistently high standard of Administration
* Able to assume key holder responsibilities observing Disney policies and procedures
* In certain Stores, it may be a requirement to be first aid trained, to comply with regulations
* Passionate and knowledgeable about Disney and sharing facts and stories
* Enthusiastic about providing customer service to guests of all ages
* Warm, approachable and able to communicate well with Guests and team
* Able to work well within a management team to achieve results (experience of responsible role within a management team desirable)
* Retail management or supervisor experience preferred
* Basic business acumen (a basic understanding of what impacts commercial results in retail)
* Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
* Experience of training or guiding other team members
* Able to entertain Guests of all ages, especially children
* Highly Professional appearance
* Attention to detail and accurate with administration
Good standard basic education including maths and English
Additional responsibilities and duties will be assigned based on the needs of the business.
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Disney Store Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.
The Disney Store Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.