9 months ago
A permanent opportunity to join our creative, commercial, fast paced Fashion team in Hammersmith, west London.
The Senior Commercial Manager is responsible for directly managing an International Softlines Direct to Retail partner with creativity and passion, setting the fiscal year strategic plan by consumer, product and franchise to ensure the delivery of long term sustainable growth for Disney.
Day to day you will be required to actively manage relationships internally and externally with senior stakeholders including Buying Directors, Buyers and Designers. A high standard of commercial flair is required to manage the fiscal forecast process and all commercial aspects of the contract, be the conduit for Disney's International Labour Standards (ILS) process, regularly communicate all content and creative and setting the product and franchise plans for the season supported by a dedicated and talented product development and design team.
* Actively manage the day to day relationship with the retailer at all levels with a particular emphasis at Buyer level
* Direct the product and franchise plans for the season supported by a dedicated in-house Disney product development and design team
* Demonstrate flexibility and pace within an ever changing environment where priorities and opportunities evolve
* Lead and execute all contract negotiations and appropriately inform all key stakeholders
* Communicate the International Labour Standards process and be the conduit between the Commercial and the Disney ILS team
* Setting the fiscal year strategic plan by consumer, product and franchise to ensure the delivery of long term sustainable growth and appropriately inform all key stakeholders
* Communicate all content and creative, setting the product and franchise plans for the season supported by a dedicated product development and design team
* Work in synergy with the key account team ensuring the delivery of key sales and marketing initiatives at retail
* An active member of Disney's wider Integrated Retail and Licensing team, EMEA
* A background in retail buying, merchandising or commercial business development
* Experience within Fast Fashion category - specific Kids fashion experience is an advantage but not essential
* An understanding of the licensed business model (emphasis on the fashion categories, Apparel, Footwear and Accessories)
* Contract negotiation and senior relationship management skills essential
* Marketing experience and understanding
* Leadership skills with strong presentation, collaboration and influencing ability
* Thrive within a large corporate environment, understands the dynamics and challenges of a matrix organisation
* Results-oriented, keen to challenge status quo, introduce new business practices and take calculated risks
* Ability to prioritise key objectives and deliverables
* Passionate, Creative thinker, Flexible and works with pace
* Ability to manage multiple priorities at once through organisation and prioritisation
* Highly numerate, strong commercial and negotiation skills
This is a permanent position, office based in Hammersmith, west London.
Please note the existing right to work in the UK is required.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.