3 months ago
Knowledgepool is a leader in Learning & Development transformation.We help organisations deliver the best performance results through a complete approach to learning and development. Our expertise is in total learning solutions, which range from strategic learning consultancy to managed learning services, curriculum design, training delivery, digital and competency management through various commercial models. We are also a leader in apprenticeships and pre-employment programmes.We are passionate about innovation and our learning interventions deliver a transformation that improves organisational performance, the experience for learners, and their skills and capabilities.
Our clients benefit from:
1. a workforce with improved skills
2. improved visibility through business intelligence and data analytics
3. simplified processes
4. the introduction of key innovations and investment in technology and other areas
5. the assurance that we take accountability and manage risk.
6. greater efficiency and effectiveness delivering value for money
Knowledgepool is part of Capita Learning - a new sort of L&D business from Capita PLC, offering unrivalled scale and investment capability in technology-enabled transformation. Knowledgepool works closely with other Capita Learning brands, in particular Blue Sky and Brightwave to develop market-leading propositions.
Purpose of the job:
* · Identify and build strong relationships with key government departments around the Learning agenda for the Public Sector in the UK, these include Crown Commercial Service and CSL. The aim is to drive strategic growth opportunities for Knowledgepool
* · To establish senior stakeholder relationships with the key government departments which include; Home Office, HMRC and DWP to position Knowledgepool as a key Learning Partner who can influence learning strategies and support in transformation activities around the Learning agenda
* · Drive the Client Director team to identify diversified income streams to create valuable and sustainable future income streams in addition to the initial contract value
* · Oversee the development of and delivery of Client Account Plans to include optimising opportunities for Capita wide product sales solutions within the People Solutions Division, review these plans on a quarterly basis and report back to the Knowledgepool Senior Leadership Team
* · Using customer networking activities to position Knowledgepool as a trusted strategic learning partner for all client learning needs, supporting the clients in improving the performance of their learning function by providing expert advice, thought leadership and guidance
* · Work in collaboration with the Knowledgepool Marketing Team to agree an annual marketing plan to establish key networking and CR activities to drive customer engagement
* · Overall accountability for service proposition to the Public Sector customer base, representing the client's "voice" to Knowledgepool’s senior operational teams, championing continual improvement and seeking opportunities to delight the client
* · Accountable for meeting our contractual obligations, ensuring that we have resources and skills that can match the demand of our customers
* · Working in collaboration with the Knowledgepool Commercial team to shape new contracting terms as part of Knowledgepool’s strategy to secure direct training delivery and consultancy services
* · Lead the team in understanding the commercial model for clients, attaining and exceeding its annual revenue, fee income and profitability targets
* · Lead the engagement with Business Development Director to ensure Knowledgepool are successful at contract extensions and retender of contracts
* · Drive the activity and performance of the Business Development Director for Public Sector by setting annual order in-take targets
* · Line management and professional development responsibility for the Client Director population, driving a ‘high performing’ team culture
To develop the relationship with the senior Public Sector stakeholders, ensure customer satisfaction from current activities and achieve growth targets to agreed KPI, leading to income growth from activities that supports Knowledgepool, achieving its financial targets.
● Set and be accountable for the account plans across the Public sector, to deliver to the commercial expectations of the business
● Establish, develop and embed customer targeting strategy across a diverse mix of business stakeholders aligned to business propositions to identify new opportunities
● Maintain business intelligence and increase company-wide awareness and knowledge of the sectors strategies for Learning
● Become and remain an expert on the solutions provided by Knowledgepool and have a robust understanding of solutions offered by, Blue Sky, Brightwave and other Capita HR related businesses
● Research, monitor and report on market/competitor activity within the L&D arena
● Act as an ambassador and role model for the business at an executive level
● Proactively develop and maintain deep and strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to generate growth opportunities
● Mentor team members providing guidance on structuring and conducting market research studies, developing client relationships and identifying opportunities to enhance the value we provide to the client.
● Takes ownership of all aspects of the clients’ relationship management and attends quarterly and annual reviews with clients to drive client satisfaction.
● Support the bid team as required during renewals, new bids and new business development activity to drive growth within new and existing clients
● Oversees the activity of large scale programmes/requirements for clients in conjunction with the Learning and Development team and Supplier Management
● Exhibits a creative approach to problem solving, understanding the decision making hierarchy and can evidence how they escalate points appropriately.
● Investigates issues and client complaints which have been escalated. Articulates the problem and seek guidance for resolution. Deals with client issues in a sensitive and professional manner.
● Responsible for the timely and accurate submission of forecasting and reporting. Effectively tracks, monitors and manages opportunities within agreed internal systems and provide commercial leadership to the Client Directors in order to drive commercial awareness and achieve profitability targets for all appropriate clients.
* · Adheres to best practice business processes to ensure you are working in a consistent, methodical and productive manner and providing feedback for areas which require improvement.
* · Takes steps to foster own professional development, including undertaking relevant training and implementing the learning as appropriate to ensure achievement of personal, departmental and organisational objectives
* · Undertakes any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post or as required by the business and as directed by line manager.
* · Identify additional income opportunities and address contract creep
* · Work collaboratively with sales, learning and operations to meet customer objectives
* · Provide regular briefings and business cases to Senior Leadership Team on the status of the client account, high exposure issues arising and opportunities for investment
* · Gather success stories and case studies from learning programmes that can be used in marketing materials and on our website
The wider Capita Plc businesses and colleagues in Knowledgepool, Blue Sky, Brightwave, Capita, as well as in functional teams such as Finance, HR, Legal
Client key stakeholders within learning function, People team and broader business, Industry relevant parties, partners and suppliers
* · Experience in the Public Sector/Government and managing framework agreements at a senior executive level
* · Experience in P&L Management (£50m Revenue)
* · Strong business acumen with the ability to think strategically and to understand a customer’s underlying business and organisational needs
* · Experience in managing ‘change’ to drive improved performance
* · Managing client facing engagements at a strategic level in a customer-focused service led environment
* · Broad L&D industry experience is essential in Learning
* · Evidence of operating at a senior level
* · Evidence of successful individual sales achievements
* · Ideally proven sales/account growth with Managed/Outsourced Learning & Development process experience or Apprenticeships or similar HR/Talent related field
* · Experience of working with multi-layered (matrix) sales/implementations/operations teams on the bid process
* · Demonstrable evidence of working on complex solutions to tight deadlines
* · Preferably demonstrable experience in a leadership role in a similar function especially within the Learning arena
● In-depth knowledge of Learning & Development Managed/Outsourced or Training/Apprenticeships or HR or related industry
● Ideally, knowledge of current trends and best practices in the learning sector including tools and technology platforms
● Ability to analyse complex client needs and determine a suitable response
● Demonstrable ability to advise and influence both internally and externally
● Positive, professional, with ability to thrive in high-pressure situations and environment
● Actively focused on achieving results and objectives and willing to be accountable
● Build and maintain relationships with appropriate networks of people
● Get-it-done attitude
● Excellent written and oral communications skills
Willingness to travel; varie