9 months ago
* Part of our Service Operations Team based at Head Office, Swindon
* £50,840 - £73,436 a year on a permanent contract, plus benefits.
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide Digital…
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society, the UK’s 2nd largest Mortgage provider and one of the fastest growing current account providers in the market… last year more people opened an account with the Society than with any other brand!
And we’re on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to evolve our digital services, delivering legendary service across Mobile and Internet Banking, creating new and exciting propositions to grow our digital active user base and develop our Open Banking channel - all designed to meet member needs today and tomorrow…
Legendary Service isn’t something we just ‘do’ in the Digital community – we ‘obsess’ about it.
For our colleagues that means developing a Digital workplace that enables us to bring that human touch to our members, and for our members, that means providing 24/7/365 availability to our digital services from wherever and whenever they want to use them.
Whether that’s browsing and applying for products through nationwide.co.uk and our point of sale systems, or enabling our members to self-serve at home or on the go through our internet bank and banking app to check their account balance and make a payment, we’re there to make our members lives easier and build society Nationwide.
The role of Service Operations oversees the performance of Digital services and challenge each other to do better if members are affected. We are the conscious to review whether the volume of change affects members ability to carry out their day to day activities and challenge where necessary to prioritise activities. We work closely with the Digital proposition teams and IT who deliver lots of great new features for members, but to ensure that this doesn’t have an adverse impact on the service. We are always looking for 100% availability of service.
So that’s where you come in…..
Who we're looking for
In this role as Digital Service Performance Manager, we’ll need you to have managed a complex technical service, demonstrating the ability to continually improve service through the support of cross functional teams in a multi-discipline environment. You’ll have the gravitas and excellent stakeholder management to stand up for what is right, winning people over with your expert influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills. With your proven ability to analyse trends and data and genuine curiosity and passion around service/performance, you’ll challenge the “norm” so we continue to develop ideas for improvement, then ensure we deliver it. In addition, you’ll possess a strong understanding of ITIL with a good familiarity with Service Now, performance monitoring tools and have demonstrable experience managing incident communications and driving support teams to deliver restoration of service. It goes without saying that you’ll have the ability to work calmly under pressure, to multiple deadlines and with minimal supervision.
What you'll be doing
* Managing the Digital operational SLA with IT for all the Society’s internet services, to ensure speed and availability of service always exceeds customer expectations
* Utilising monitoring and performance tools, to continually review the performance of the service to ensure that the performance and availability of the service meets customer demand.
* Review performance management capability to deliver a greater depth of understanding of the service performance.
* Analyse performance, and customer feedback to investigate and drive continuous improvement in the performance of the service.
* Provide commentary for the monthly service dashboards to provide an overview of service performance and activity during the month, highlighting key areas of change or investigation to be tracked through the Service Improvement plan.
* Ensuring that plans are in place to continuously improve online service availability and performance, to fix any known issues/defects and to support the future growth in usage of the channels; tracking delivery of those plans working in partnership with IT
* Creating regular Business Forecast demand projections for the different online services and submit to IT for input into their capacity planning activities; ensuring that any necessary actions are taken
* Maintain a roadmap of key service step changes to be delivered to meet the Business demand, or improve resilience of the service.
* Review and monitor the resolution of actions following annual Penetration tests, or critical patching by liaising with the support teams to ensure actions are completed.
* Agreeing the scheduling and approach to deployments of changes to our online services, so that the impact on the customer is minimised and any business conflicts are resolved. To support the changes by carrying out testing (live proving) before the final change is implemented, challenging any areas that could cause a material impact on members.
* Acting as the primary point of contact within the channel for any IT incidents 24/7, ensuring that the customer impact is properly understood and tracked, that appropriate communications (customer and management) are put in place and that service is restored as quickly as possible.
* Follow up incidents, to ensure the root cause is understood, and monitor with IT to ensure PIR actions are completed to prevent recurrence, by regularly meeting with App Support to discuss and prioritise problem investigations. Champion the prioritisation of problem solutions with the DDC and hubs.
* Provide regular updates on Incident, change and infrastructure to the SIM group to ensure that they can support out of hours activity
* Deliver, maintain and improve operational process documentation such as Service design documents, Disaster Recovery, Digital playbooks across all digital assets.
* To be the first point of contact for Operational Risk issues related to internet service performance and for KRI reporting
* Delivery, management and co-ordination of operational response playbooks for the Community across all digital assets.
* Delivery of Mission Critical Activity and business continuity planning associated with all digital assets