4 months ago
What’s it like working for one of the most vibrant brands in the UK?
Virgin Media is one of the largest broadband, TV, mobile and home phone providers in the country. We pride ourselves on being brighter, bolder, smarter and faster than our competition, so when we say we’re obsessive about helping our customers make connections that really matter – we really mean it.
The Digital Team brims with passionate creatives with a flair for innovative disruption. We’ve created inclusive, diverse environments perfect for ambitious minds to drive our digital transformation forward.
As we move towards an agile approach, we’re looking for an ambitious person who shares our fixation on world-class customer experiences and who isn’t afraid to turn the familiar on its head.
The role itself and what you’ll do?
The role sits within the Digital Insight and Strategy team. Working very closely with the Digital Product teams & Marketing teams, it requires the build and management of Optimisation & Personalisation activities within a fast-paced Agile environment and providing best in class data-driven actionable Insight through Adobe Analytics.
You will be key part of the digital “I Explore” agile squad providing actionable insights to support new CRO activities & hypothesis in order to drive the best customer experience throughout our digital marketing journey, so a good understanding of digital marketing practises would be desirable.
Deliver the highest standards of analytics and influence, based on:
• Build & support ongoing optimisation providing actionable insight to our A/B testing backlog – supported by Adobe analytics & Clicktale analysis.
• Accurate, complete and efficient data & reporting – supported by water-tight Adobe Analytics implementation and tagging,
• Inquisitive, robust, hypotheses-driven analysis of multiple sources of data, with a focus on detailed journey flows and continuance to identity opportunities to improve the digital experience
• Incisive understanding of commercial implications and consumer context, and Influence to drive action through clearly communicated recommendations.
• Support Analytics Team in ensuring all pages and relevant components are correctly tagged, specified into projects and aligned to best practice standards, maintaining the integrity of key data metrics and segments.
• Partnering with Digital Product Managers and extended Digital team to support transformation of cable acquisition Digital journeys and therefore performance in revenue generation by ensuring optimisation plans are both strategic and insight-driven.
• Some travel required between our London/Birmingham offices
Required critical competencies and behaviours:
• A confident and clear communicator who enjoys working with multiple teams and having crucial conversations.
• Insatiable curiosity about consumers - and what makes people behave the way they do
• Good communication, including the ability to translate technical and/or methodological issues into plain terms and commercial opportunities or risks
• Team player - work well with colleagues, contributing to overall aims of Digital Insight and Digital department as a whole.
• Comfortable challenging the status quo, operating in an iterative/agile environment, and willing to fail fast and learn quickly.
• Ability to manage situations of complexity / conflict / paradox with positive outcomes.
Required key skills (functional / technical):
• Ability to take data and turn it into insight - and recommendations for actions
• Intimately familiar with a broad range of analytical approaches in their specialist area and the application in a business context
• Ability to communicate persuasively and influence stakeholders effectively.
• Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy in a high pressure, sometimes regulated, environment.
• Relationship-building skills - and ability to gain influence with key stakeholders in order to drive data-driven decisions.
• Innovative thinking - ability to think around an issue and solve problems.
• Degree in a numerical subject preferred
• Experienced in Adobe Analytics (formerly Omniture) or Google Analytics
• Experienced in use of the A/B testing tools, ideally Adobe Target or Qubit, Monetate, Optimizely or Optimise360
• Experience of tag management systems, especially Tealium, is beneficial
• Extremely proficient in Excel
• Experience in a similar role, with a track record delivering actionable insight
Salary: 35-45k + Excellent benefits
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!