7 months ago
From film enthusiasts through to gaming fanatics, Den of Geek has become the one-stop UK website for people passionate about their entertainment media. Den of Geek covers popular culture but always with an edgy, UK centric slant that sets it apart from the crowd.
We offer a smorgasbord of entertainment news, reviews, exclusives, interviews, lists & features of past, present and future films, TV, games, and comics.
The site handles everything that’s brilliant in a ‘geeky’ way. Unrivalled in our breadth and depth of content covering features, lists, opinions, appreciations, comment and good old-fashioned rants!
With over 100 contributors to the site Den of Geek is always fresh and updated daily with the very latest entertainment news to offer everything the modern Geek needs all in one place!
To sell bespoke advertising solutions and partnerships across the Dennis Lifestyle digital portfolio, consisting of market leading brands such as Den of Geek, Cyclist, The Big Issue, and Coach.
Blending creativity and the best editorial experts in our markets with the science and technology behind successful digital strategy, we consistently over-perform against the market year on year. We are looking for an intelligent and personable sales person to join our highly skilled and successful digital sales team.
We sell a diverse range of brand and audience led solutions to clients and agencies - from directly sold display to fully integrated content-led creative partnerships and programmatic PMPs. The role is to ensure that we are fully maximising ad revenue whilst offering the best solutions to our clients, all with the true entrepreneurial spirit that exists within Dennis.
This exciting opportunity requires a dynamic, commercially minded self-starter. With a pro-active, ‘can do’ attitude you will have a proven track record of achieving new business as well as growing existing relationships. You will be confident in presenting to all levels within media agencies and have the tenacity to challenge current business schedules.
A methodical, organised approach to your agency patch must be complimented by a flair for creativity in order to meet monthly and annual budgets. The ownership and future growth of this role suits a results driven, determined individual looking to develop their profile and experience within an award winning company.
You will be responsible for:
Reaching and exceeding monthly and quarterly targets as agreed with the Advertising Manager
Developing and nurturing excellent agency and client direct relationships
Ensuring we are briefed on all relevant campaigns within your agency/client patch
Working with the Advertising Manager and wider Dennis sales team to drive year on year revenue increases across all brands
Actively selling digital campaigns across multiple disciplines; display, content-led partnerships, events and audience based buys
Responding to incoming briefs and pitching proactively for business
Working with all areas of the business to ensure the best-in-market service to our clients as possible
Accurate forecasting and prospecting to line manager and wider team
Devise and execute your agency strategy to be a known and respected contact within your patch
Understand the importance of a healthy sales pipeline in order to meet targets on time (meetings, conversations, proposals, revenue)
Regularly meet and present to key individuals and teams within your agency patch
Have a full, in-depth understanding of all account products, propositions and challenges and sell with these in mind
Be a brand ambassador for Dennis Lifestyle Pillar
You'll have an understanding of digital media operations and the digital marketplace
Agency sales experience and established relationships
Track record of winning and developing business
Proven success in writing winning (creative) proposals
Excellent and confident presentation skills
Understanding of the key markets that Dennis operates in
* We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
* Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
* We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
* We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime, selecting from one of our handpicked travel experiences to a variety of destinations that will certainly have the 'wow' factor.
* We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential.
So if you feel like this role is for you, please press apply now.