3 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
The Lab are O2’s innovation engine. They are a team of software engineers, data experts and creatives that rapidly develop proof of concepts and betas end-to-end that help the wider business mature ideas into reality.
A DevOps role in the Lab ensures platforms, services and infrastructure required by multiple projects are deployed, supported maintained.
The role requires strong skills and experience of delivering applications in a number of small or large-scale organisations. A suitable candidate must be ready to quickly get to work within a multi-disciplinary team of developers and designers focused on one or more products or projects.
The position will report into the Lab’s Senior Architect and will work across multiple research and proof-of-concept projects.
* Design, develop & deliver prototype apps and services
* Support & maintain platforms and infrastructure required by multiple projects
* Liaise with all areas of the business to ensure the Lab has the support needed to drive innovation
* Generate new ideas, and help others generate ideas
* Help transform technological ideas into compelling applications & services for customers - both internal and external
* Help guide and mentor other members of the team
Skills & experience:
* Passionate about technology and the ways in which it can be harnessed to provide value to people and businesses.
* Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders. You like to speak with people and to show them new ideas!
* Strong working knowledge of Amazon Web Services with a good understanding in their cloud-based services and platforms.
* Familiar with continuous integration management and associated tools / frameworks (eg. Jenkins).
* Good understanding of deployment and automation tools such as Ansible, Docker, Chef and Puppet.
* Demonstrable knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB. (Scaling approaches to these databases also would be beneficial.
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.