9 months ago
Desk Based Account Manager - Manchester (106488)
: Sales and Client Management
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Lancashire-Manchester
Salary : competitive
: Jan 18, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Our purpose is to use the power of communication to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this
• As an experienced and self-motivated Account Manager you should have excellent communication skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with customers at all levels. You will also understand the customer’s business goals and priorities and have a good knowledge of BT’s portfolio.
• As the account sales lead, you will be directly responsible for forecasting, identifying and converting sales opportunities into new contracts. The sales portfolio covers diverse areas, from managed solutions and CPE, through to professional services. The required skills will cover sales support, costing and pricing, customer negotiation, and customer relationship management.
• As first point of contact for BT customers, you will need to display professionalism at all times
What you'll be doing
The role holder is a proactive Account Manager, who acts as the desk based point of contact for the customer developing long term customer relationships. You will be responsible for delivering against personal revenue targets and closing contracts, as well as engaging with colleagues and specialists to deliver customer requirements as necessary.
• Typically responsible for approximately 20-30 accounts with an accumulated target of £5-8M
• Will be responsible for customer satisfaction of their nominated clients.
• To understand customer business drivers and match solutions to their requirements.
• Whilst generally engaged in traditional business opportunities, in some instances will use their in depth knowledge to operate on higher value or more complex opportunities eg. Bundling of products
• Responsibility for outbound sales prospecting and opportunities.
• Highly skilled and experienced negotiator able to quickly build effective relationships, with senior, key influential decision-makers
• To maintain a wide network within and across the business, carrying out senior presentations
• Drives business growth for BT by closing contracts and monitoring margin, as part of the overall account team
• Identifies and delivers against opportunities for business growth
• Responsible for delivering against his/her own revenue targets as well as goals in customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for ensuring contacts and opportunities are correctly logged on Salesforce
• Responsible for delivering against personal revenue and margin targets
We'll also need to see these on your CV
The skills & experience you need
• Degree level, or equivalent experience
• Proven track record in sales – Has held a sales role in the past 24 months
• Relationship Management – Has held a role that requires the individual to build relationships at multiple levels within an organisation.
• Stakeholder Management – Is able to manage and maintain relationships with peers, subordinates and superiors in order to get their project/sale or activity sponsored.
• Product Knowledge – working appreciation of the BT business portfolio.
• Customer Satisfaction – Has held a role where they are the single point of contact for client engagement and account management.
• Relevant experience in Desk Based selling, and delivering against a multi-product strategy.
• Professional approach to team and client relationships.
• Track record of delivering against revenue and margin targets.
• Good awareness and knowledge of all low / medium complexity products and services in core business areas.
• Knowledge of the Telecoms marketplace and the competitive landscape.
• Competent user of Sales Force
• Competent user of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent telephone manner
• Appreciation of the Wholesale market place in the UK