9 months ago
* Master's degree or similar advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or an applied science, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in developing and deploying quantitative analytics (e.g. marketing analytics, statistical modeling, machine learning, digital attribution, forecasting, optimization, and predictive analytics) in client contexts.
* Experience in working with programming languages such as Python and R.
* Experience in working with large scale data processing pipelines.
* Understanding of the media industry, marketing planning processes and how they relate to the wider business.
* Familiarity with marketing-related datasets and sources (site analytics, media measurement, adserving, social listening).
* Ability to develop business partnerships and trusted relationships with decision-makers, in person, in writing and in presentations at all levels, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Ability to work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop data-driven tools and solutions.
About the job
Being an Analyst at Google is about much more than simply crunching numbers – it’s about finding compelling insights within data and using your exceptional business and communication skills to translate those insights into action. As one of the masterminds behind our strategic planning, forecasting and analysis, you’ll spend your time digging into big, complex data sets. The data will not remain inert in your hands, however, since you’ll use your critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills to influence and drive thoughtful and well-informed decision making with our business leaders within the organization, and potentially some of our biggest clients.
As a Data Scientist in Large Customer Sales (LCS), you'll help build tools and models that make creative use of Google and other data for our advertisers, to uncover novel human and marketing truths that are relevant to them, in an efficient repeatable way.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build strong businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
* Lead analytical aspects of client engagements in the area of marketing insight and effectiveness, and work with wider Analyst teams who are doing the same.
* Identify and conceptualize key challenges which would benefit from advanced tooling for scaled client benefit across a wide range of strategic marketing questions.
* Lead and contribute to development of pipelines, models and tools to solve these questions.
* Work with client and internal teams to translate data and model results into tactical and strategic insights that are accurate, relevant, understandable and influence client decision-making.
* Collaborate with wider Google Product Management and Engineering teams to identify areas for collaboration and helping to drive innovation.