6 months ago
A Data Management Consultant (Data Quality) based in our Head Office, Swindon
Salary: £35,309 - £51,002 (dependent on skills and experience) on a permanent, 35 hours a week contract.
Send in your application by 28th December 2018.
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. We’re transforming the way we collect, look after and use member and business data, and that is why we’re creating new roles as important step in strengthening the data competence we need to realise the opportunity that data presents for our members and colleagues.
The Data & Analytics community is responsible for transforming our data and analytics capability to enable our colleagues to better serve our members’ needs. Within the community, the team is responsible for the design, engineering, test and deployment of our data platforms and solutions which are at the core of our strategic ambitions. We’re significantly expanding and strengthening our inhouse teams and working closely with key strategic partners to deliver our strategic ambitions.
You’ll be part of the Data Integrity team which enables and supports the business to measure, remediate and improve the quality of Nationwide’s data, using the Data & Analytics governance framework. The team is responsible for requirements gathering, data profiling, data quality scorecard development, data lineage, metadata management and business data reconciliation.
As well as being experts in data, we are fully involved in Nationwide’s citizenship agenda; enjoying regular socials and giving our time to community volunteering projects. We aim to live and work by the PRIDE values and become the exemplar team in Nationwide.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll have:
• Proven experience of data management and governance, primarily data quality, but with some knowledge of metadata, lineage & reconciliation
• Experience of identifying requirements associated with effective data management technologies, including data quality, metadata, lineage and reconciliation
• Knowledge and experience of methodologies for data management and/or governance
• The ability to influence stakeholders at all levels and across different business areas
• Experience of, or willingness to develop skills required for the tools we use for data quality, lineage, reconciliation and reporting
• Experience of relevant coding using SQL, SAS or VBA
What you'll be doing
• Profiling files to perform detailed analysis of our data, to help the business define data quality rules and uncover data quality issues. This will be for both corporate projects and business users
• Using tooling to look at lineage and metadata management across our data estate
• Providing business reconciliation for our business users
• Working with our governance team, as well as business users, to track data issues and provide guidance on data cleansing
• Providing coaching, mentoring and training both to team members, community members and the business