6 months ago
Role: Data Migration Consultant
Location: London (With 100% Mobility)
Salary: £40,000 £55,000 + Benefits
Closing Date: 31/08/2019
Join Accenture’s Health & Public Service Account and help transform government organizations across the UK. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance. We combine business and industry insights with innovative technology to drive growth for your business. We extend our technology and business capabilities through a powerful alliance ecosystem of market leaders and innovators to provide our clients the best specialized skills and tailored solutions.
We are focused on aligning IT with business priorities, enabling a digital Accenture and driving down the cost of IT, while working to provide more than 450,000 employees with the capabilities to run a high-performing business!
Accenture with our new acquisition of Certus are the only vendors to have successfully implemented Oracle Cloud in UK Central Government, with successful delivery at the Office for National Statistics, HM Treasury, MHRA and the current implementation for the Home Office. The unique requirements of UK Central Government are understood by our teams, giving us unrivalled insight into “what it takes” to successfully deliver again and again
Based on these implementations we “wrote the book” on how to successfully implement Oracle Cloud in UK Central Government; engage.gov™ blueprint contains the methodology and associated accelerators and scripts underpinning the configuration of all UK Central Government programmes to date, with lessons learned from each of these engagements informing constant iterative updates to the engage.gov™ blueprint. The Home Office benefitted from substantial re-use from our work in prior clients, and the Foreign Office and Crown Prosecution Service are in turn benefitting from this proven approach
We also understand how to tailor our approach and have successfully worked with global entities like Dyson, Skanska, Save the Children, QBE, IBS Bank. All these clients have become long term partnerships of which we are very proud
Together Accenture and Certus offer the strength in depth, unique insights which can only be gained from delivery in the UK Government market and the associated methods, tools and knowledge to de-risk delivery and enable a successful outcome.
What responsibilities will you have?
* Work with customers in gathering business requirements for data migration needs.
* Work across multiple functional projects to understand data usage and implications for data migration.
* Assist in designing, planning and managing the data migration process.
* Work with subject matter experts and project team to identify, define, collate, document and communicate the data migration requirements.
* Prepare data migration plans including migration risk, milestones, quality and business sign-off details.
* Manage assigned risks and monitor potential impacts as part of the data migration plan.
* Develop best practice, processes, and standards for effectively carrying out data migration activities.
* Perform source system data analysis to manage source to target data mapping.
* Perform migration and testing of static data and transaction data from one core system to another.
* Perform data migration audit, reconciliation and exception reporting.
* Manage cross-program data assurance for physical data items in source and target systems.
* Develop credibility and relationships with client stakeholders.
* Support new business opportunities through provision of your expertise in the sales cycle
What skills & experience are we looking for?
We are looking for people with some experience of Data Migration who we can train to become Oracle Cloud Data Migration Consultants.
We also want to you to have fun along the way so a sense of your team spirit and engaging personality is key.
If you happen to already have experience of Oracle Cloud or other items on our list below that would be preferred.
· PL/SQL ability to create schema and all related objects
· Understanding of the ETL process
· Knowledge of 1 or more Cloud tools, HDL, HSDL, FBDI, PBL
· Knowledge of e-business architecture and table structures
· Background with HCM, ERP or Payroll
· Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
· All candidates will be London based, but you must be willing to offer full mobility
What academic qualifications do you need?
Degree ideally but lesser with the right experience.