3 months ago
• A Senior Data Management Consultant (Data Loss Prevention), Data & Analytics Community based in our head 0ffice in Swindon
• Salary £42,370 - £61,201per year (dependant on current salary and banding) on a permanent, 35 hours a week contract.
• Send in your application by 28th December 2018.
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. Data is the enabler underpinning all our Cornerstones and is fundamental in helping us build society, nationwide. We’re transforming the way we collect, look after and use member and business data, and that is why we’re creating new roles as important step in strengthening the data competence we need to realise the opportunity that data presents for our members and colleagues.
The Data & Analytics community is responsible for transforming our data and analytics capability to enable our colleagues to better serve our members’ needs. Within the community, the team is responsible for the design, engineering, test and deployment of our data platforms and solutions which are at the core of our strategic ambitions. We’re significantly expanding and strengthening our inhouse teams and working closely with key strategic partners to deliver our strategic ambitions.
You will be a primary lead in implementing the data management strategy for Data Marketplace and Governance. Specifically, you will be working with leaders across all Communities, and guiding your team in the understanding of where and how data is used. You will be the primary liaison between business areas, D&A and the Security Operations Centre to protect member outcomes and the reputation of Nationwide Building Society.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you’ll have:
• Data Management: Strong knowledge of end to end data lifecycle management and associated capabilities
• Drive for results: Experience of delivering initiatives alongside senior business leaders to protect business data, increase its maturity and realise greater value from it
• Enabling Technology: Experience of utilising strategic tools to enable and realise data strategy
• Methods: Experience at multiple companies and/or of formal gated methodologies for data governance, security or privacy (Home grown, Consulting or Academic)
• Leadership & Communication: Influencing skills with exceptional communication and leadership skills involving senior stakeholders, championing the importance of data governance
It would be nice if you had:
• Education: Degree level or relevant experience in data management and/or business engagement.
• Team Management: Experience of matrix management and managing small teams in either BAU or project mode.
What you'll be doing
You will be pivotal in providing leadership and exceptional governance and control to successfully deliver the Data Loss Prevention strategy.
Using strong communication and influencing skills, you will support senior leaders and stakeholders to; understand their accountabilities, meet data related objectives and reduce the opportunities for data loss within the Society.
You will be responsible for ensuring business data standards are met; utilising strategic tools to identify issues, running the Data Loss Prevention forum and working closely with business leaders to develop supporting processes and capabilities.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Change Management – To act as the Data Governance lead when changes are incepted which may impact existing rules/exceptions or business processes
• Data Governance Fora – Running, providing updates to and facilitating decisions on the approval and application of Data Loss Prevention rules and exceptions in collaboration with the Data Loss Prevention forum
• Business Partnership – To act as the key liaison between the Security Operations Centre and the Business in the event a security alert needs investigation or development
• Policy and Controls – Ensuring compliance to governance and risk policies and controls, providing guidance materials and supporting adherence by the business
• Technical Specialist – Ensuring that Data Loss Prevention rules are fully formed and tested, including thresholds, tuning parameters and associated risk/impact assessments
• Driving Issue Resolution – Escalating issues to relevant senior stakeholders or Data Governance fora for decisions or guidance