3 months ago
• 2 Data Management Consultants (supporting Data Loss Prevention activity), Data & Analytics Community based in our head 0ffice in Swindon
• Salary £34,960 - £50,497 (dependant on current salary and banding) on a permanent, 35 hours a week contract.
• Send in your application by 28th December 2018.
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. Data is the enabler underpinning all our Cornerstones and is fundamental in helping us build society, nationwide. We’re transforming the way we collect, look after and use member and business data, and that is why we’re creating new roles as important step in strengthening the data competence we need to realise the opportunity that data presents for our members and colleagues.
The Data & Analytics community is responsible for transforming our data and analytics capability to enable our colleagues to better serve our members’ needs. Within the community, the team is responsible for the design, engineering, test and deployment of our data platforms and solutions which are at the core of our strategic ambitions. We’re significantly expanding and strengthening our inhouse teams and working closely with key strategic partners to deliver our strategic ambitions.
You will play a key role in implementing the data management strategy for Data Marketplace and Governance. Specifically, you will be working with colleagues across all Communities to understand where and how data is used. You will facilitate the documentation of data rules and provide their ongoing monitoring and improvement to protect member outcomes and the reputation of Nationwide Building Society.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you’ll have:
• Data Management: Good understanding of end to end data lifecycle management and associated capabilities
• Drive for results: Experience of delivering initiatives alongside business users to enable us to protect business data, reduce risk and protect member outcomes
• Enabling Technology: fast adoption of new tools and ability to coach others in their use
• Methods: Previous experience in driving data governance, security or privacy (Home grown, Consulting or Academic) initiatives
• Communication and Influencing: Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence the adoption of data management standards, building trust in Society and for business users and members
It would be nice if you had:
• Education: Degree level or relevant experience in data management and/or business engagement.
• Experience: Data management / governance role experience, including one or more of the following: data analysis, data quality, metadata, master data and data modelling.
What you'll be doing
You will provide guidance, understanding and business consultancy to successfully deliver the Data Loss Prevention strategy.
Using your communication and influencing skills, you will support stakeholders to; understand their accountabilities, meet data related objectives and reduce the opportunities for data loss within the Society.
You will be responsible for ensuring business data standards are met; utilising strategic tools to identify issues, working closely with business areas to develop supporting processes and capabilities.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Change Management – Supporting the Data Governance lead when changes are incepted which may impact existing rules/exceptions or business processes
• Data Governance Fora – Providing updates and facilitating decisions on the approval and application of Data Loss Prevention rules and exceptions in collaboration with the appropriate governance fora
• Business Partnership – To act as a liaison between the Security Operations Centre and the Business in the event a security alert needs investigation or development
• Policy and Controls – Ensuring compliance to governance and risk policies and controls, providing guidance materials and supporting adherence by the business
• Technical Specialist – Ensuring that Data Loss Prevention rules are fully formed and tested, including thresholds, tuning parameters and associated risk/impact assessments
• Data Analysis – To support analysis on alert data to identify possible breaches, exceptions or rule tuning opportunities in collaboration with the business and the Security Operations Centre