6 months ago
As our Data & Business Intelligence Manager you will lead a small team and will have to work with all departments within the business to provide accurate data analysis and insights to the business. You will support the Head of Data & BI in implementing a future road map and designing data architecture, and to use data as a vehicle to deliver against organisational goals and supporting the move towards a more data driven business.
Data & Business Intelligence Manager, Key responsibilities:
* To analyse data to provide impartial commercial insights and recommendations to the business, ensuring all points of view are take into account.
* Proactively helping the business understand data to provide the best and most accurate information to decision makers.
* Support the day to day activities of data integration into tools.
* Acquiring data from primary and secondary data sources and maintaining of databases.
* To manage the data team and provide mentoring and motivation to the team and ensuring all team members are performing to expected levels.
* To assist the Head of Business Intelligence & Data in implementation of new data architecture, and provide recommendations for future improvements.
* Leading and managing the data analyst team.
* Oversee all analytical operations to correct discrepancies and ensuring quality analysis.
* Assist in the transformation of raw data into actionable business insights.
* Understanding of the business needs and objectives and ensure analysis and team consider the business KPIs in all work.
* Strategy development of data analysis and reporting.
* Assist in the implementation of architecture including the database design, data model design and ETL design.
* Mentor the data analyst team to improve SQL and SSIS knowledge.
* Interpretation of data, analyse results using common statistical techniques to provide ongoing reports including recommendations.
* Provide recommendations and ideas to all business areas to improve understanding and efficiency.
* Challenging business areas where applicable to improve profitability.
The Ideal Candidate
* Proven knowledge of data analysis or business data analyst.
* Excellent understanding of SQL, SSAS (Tabular & Multidimensional) and SSIS. Including database administration, data modelling & ETL.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Good commercial knowledge.
* Good Excel knowledge & PowerBI.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to provide recommendations and present findings ensuring all information is accurate with attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain complex subjects to all business areas.
* Excellent data cleansing and segmentation techniques.
* Understanding of R and Python for machine learning techniques and how to implement them at Enterprise level.
* Knowledge of API’s and object orientated programming and how these can be used to provide data to business applications.
Package of up to £45,000 (DOE) and corporate benefits package which includes Pension Scheme & Private Healthcare – based at our Telford, Head Office.
About the Company
If you thought the world of Office and Workplace Solutions was limited to paper and pens… think again!
Whatever customers need, Lyreco provide; From furniture to files, notebooks to napkins, hot drinks to highlighters or paperclips to print solutions – we can help.
Lyreco UK & Ireland