10 months ago
Data Anaylst- Casualty Claims
Casualty Claims Data Analyst ( C)
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Casualty Claims team in Bishopbriggs Unit on a Permanent basis.
You will be responsible for engineering, analysing and interpreting data from multiple sources to provide valuable insight to the business and help to inform claims handling strategies. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintain and developing cutting edge databases and using this data to build intelligent dashboards. These dashboards will provide key information to the business, allowing the users to interact and drill into relevant information as well as flagging up any key changes in data over time. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who is committed to their personal development and capable of working with the minimum of supervision.
An insurance background is not a prerequisite; however flair and natural aptitude for data analytics combined with the ability to think logically to process, develop and act upon information received are necessary attributes. A key skill required is the ability to disseminate large amounts of information and communicate clear and commercially sound recommendations to managers.
You will be part of a newly formed data analysis team, created to give local support and guidance to the 300+ claims handlers.
Whilst there will be a focus on fraud, the team’s role extends to consider all third party behaviour in the Casualty Claims arena. You will liaise with counterparts in our central fraud and investigations teams, as well as with our legal panel and central intelligence teams to share knowledge, devise new strategies and refine existing ones.
The successful candidate will possess a strong eye for detail, a logical approach to problem solving & a good ability to present information in a clear, concise manner. They will also possess a good work ethic, enthusiasm, and have a commitment to continuous personal development. A willingness to support colleagues and cultivate positive working relationships with others to achieve success is essential.
They must be capable of successfully managing and prioritising their own workload and be able to deliver under pressure within agreed time limits. An existing knowledge of database design/SQL is essential and a familiarity with a common scripting language such as Python, R or SAS would be beneficial. Intermediate level skills with data visualisation tools such as Qlik, Tableau or Shiny would be real advantage.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Maintain and further develop core intelligence databases, to track third party behaviours and trends
* Able to disseminate large amounts of information and provide clear and commercially sound recommendations to managers
* Bring together a wide variety of internal and external data sources using SQL or other programming languages to combine into usable datasets to provide insight
* Manage and prioritise the conduct of your own workload
* Collaborate brilliantly internally and externally to investigate, disrupt and change the market
* Good working knowledge of SQL, preferably MS SQL Server or DB2, with experience of database design & management desirable.
* Working knowledge of key online technologies, IP, HTML, Domain registration
* The ability to effectively manage personal workload, deliver under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
* Readily identify alternative solutions to problems and resolve issues effectively.
* Excellent communication skills – written and oral
* Experience of successful collaboration with partners to achieve common goals
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.