6 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We’re more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We’re always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. A choice of benefits. Great rewards. Lots of training. Ongoing career development. Flexible approaches to work and we endeavour to make every role open to part time working. There are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Data Analystics Manager to join the Performance Management team forming part of the wider Commercial Finance function to develop reporting, modelling and insights that drive robust commercial decisions.
The Performance Management team are responsible for generating Business Critical weekly/monthly outputs that inform the Board and respective teams of O2’s Trading Performance and impacts to the P&L.
The role will provide you with significant exposure and visibility across various teams around the Business, and reports into the Head of Finance - Performance Management.
• First priority of this role will be to manage the transition of various outputs to become fully automated due to existing processes being extremely manual and labour-intensive.
• A key responsibility for this position will be to understand the data requirements for this transition, then ensure these requirements can be translated to both technical and non-technical business stakeholders.
• In addition to automation, you will be required to analyse the data behind the numbers and understand their drivers to help improve Commercial Performance.
• Outputs of Analysis will require communication to different Stakeholders across the Business in the optimal way, from presentations to automated dashboards.
Skills & experience:
• You’ll be highly numeric with a robust approach to analytical output from large amounts of data.
• Strong querying skills in SQL and programming.
• Understanding the data requirements for analysis and able to brief this work to technical data teams.
• Experience in building reports & dashboards using software such as Tableau and Microstrategy.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate with both technical and business facing teams.
• Be a good strategic thinker with the ability to identify appropriate analytical solution(s) to a wide range of business challenges.
• The ability to manage your own workload and prioritise in a changing environment is essential
We offer a competitive salary and some great rewards, including bonus, life cover, health care, good holidays and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. We also welcome part-time applicants for all of our roles. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your career starts here.