4 months ago
Role- SOC Support analyst
Salary - Flexible (depending on experience)
Do you have a keen interest in Cyber security? Are you looking to get your foot in the door? Now is your chance!
Telefonica is on a truly inspirational adventure. As one of the world`s most innovative communication companies and the name behind flagship brands such as O2, we`re thinking bigger than ever before. We`re taking on new challenges around the world and exploring new ways to open up the world for our millions of customers. And you could be part of it all.
If you are either a part of a security function currently, or you are interesting in getting into the cyber world and you have some kind of IT experience or qualifications, we want to hear from you!
About the team
You`ll be joining a very new and exciting part of Telefonica. Have you heard of Smart Metering Implementation Plan (SMIP)?
Well you`ll get the chance to support one of the largest smart metering projects in the world, providing communications services to the Public Sector!
The team will perform a key role in the monitoring and management of Smart Metering infrastructure through the new Security Operations Centre (SOC) service we are building from scratch.
The SOC acts as the central point of contact for monitoring, and reacting to, any event that may affect the security of the Smart Metering network communications between the Communications Hub in the consumer`s premises to receipt by the Data Service Provider (DSP) and interfaces into dedicated and shared technology services.
The SOC Support Analyst is part of the shift based SOC Team that monitors and responds to any identified event from the security monitoring processes in place or any reported security event or incident. Once reported, any event or incident is classified according to internal procedures and handled through to resolution by the SOC team with external assistance as appropriate.
From a Smart Metering Key Infrastructure (SMKI) perspective, the SOC Manager and the SOC shift team will perform a role of Authorised Responsible Officer (ARO) will hold access to the SMKI Portal and Repository.
Day to day the role will have the following Key Responsibilities:
* Monitoring for events across multiple security technologies, including intruder detection systems, malware detection, file integrity systems, SIEM toolset and others as defined for this service.
* Initial assessment of incidents.
* Assigning incident tickets to a resolved state and/or assigning them to queues according to the resolution procedure.
* Recording observations in the incident ticket.
* Providing feedback to rule definers to improve the effectiveness of filters and rules used in the automated creation and population of incident tickets.
* Provide input as requested for Security, Risk, Compliance and Service reporting.
Essential skills and experience:
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Appreciation of an operational environment.
* High standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Desire to work as part of a team and contribute to the team`s objectives.
* A keen interest in Cyber Security
Desirable skills and experience:
* Knowledge of SIEM, Analytics and Incident Management toolsets, ideally HP ArcSight, Splunk and Resilient Systems` IRP and BMC Remedy.
* Network management with technical knowledge of networks and networking protocols in use (including TCP / IP, Port usage, UDP packets and payload analysis).
* Knowledge of ISO 27001, ITIL or ISO 20000, ISO 22301 and relevant CESG GPGs.
* Knowledge of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) /Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) .
* An understanding of cryptography and related concepts and principles (e.g., encryption algorithms, hash functions, PKI, key exchange, certification authorities, digital signatures).
* An understanding of cryptographic standards and protocols (e.g., PKCS, FIPS 140-2, IPSec, SSL/TLS).
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits such as a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica`s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you`ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.