7 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefónica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefónica S.A.
With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are much more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent.
Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
Job title: Disclosure Officer
Shifts: 11.00am - 7.00pm until completion of training (approximately three months), moving to 12 hour day shifts upon completion of training.
About the team
About Business Operations
Business Operations is made up of number of key functional areas all focused on providing a safe and secure environment in which our people and customers can operate. We deliver our services to both internal and external customers every day and we provide the infrastructure (exc. IT and Network) upon which the business operates.
About Fraud & Disclosure
We provide professional Disclosure of data to law enforcement within a defined legal and cost recovery framework. We also define and control fraud management, providing a Customer facing operation, enabling adequate protection for our customers and our revenues.
About the role
This is an exciting customer facing role that has arisen due to an internal move, involving a combination of data entry and telephone based work. External stakeholders include the emergency services and internal stakeholders include the Fraud and Disclosure Leadership, and the Business Operations Senior Leaders. The role involves dealing with sensitive information and will require working in shift patterns.
* To provide information in a cost effective, timely and accurate manner and to agreed policies and procedures.
* To provide expertise to law enforcement agencies on the products and services available from the o2 Disclosure Unit in line with appropriate legislation.
* Responsibility to ensure that all appropriate data is provided in accordance with legislation and agreed timescales.
* To ensure that all information disclosed from the Disclosure Unit is accurate and kept up to date.
* To ensure that appropriate and accurate records are maintained to ensure full audit trails of information to all third parties using the company approved systems.
* To ensure that all information disclosed is logged in a manner that enables processes to be measured.
* To maintain awareness of new products and services within o2 and explain any implications upon the Disclosure function.
* Also to carry out general administrative duties as required to ensure smooth day to day running of the Unit.
* Extensive experience dealing with customers, including senior personnel
* Good knowledge of company standard office software packages (Microsoft Word, Excel etc.)
* Be prepared to submit to or already possess security vetting to SC level.
* Comfortable with an ever changing working environment and learning new working practices.
* Knowledge of RIPA, Data Protection issues and Human Rights Act would be an advantage.
The team work on a 20 week cycle, each shift 12 hours. Night shift work 7pm to 7am, day shift 7am to 7pm. They will start initially Monday to Friday as an 8hr shift to get system access and to be trained up on 999’s
Salary and benefits
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica`s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you`ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There`s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.