about 1 year ago
Salary: £19,800 - £21,900 + Monthly Bonus
Closes on: Wednesday 02 October 2019
We are Domestic & General. We’re a proud partner to leading manufacturer and retail brands worldwide, taking the worry out of appliance breakdowns for almost 9 million customers in the UK.
We’re looking for skilled customer service and sales professionals dedicated to putting customers at the heart of what we do. We have a five-year plan to transform the way we work, serve our customers and take care of our colleagues – and you can help make it happen. So, what’s happening?
* We have recently finished a £1.4m Office Refurbishment in Brighton that has given all our employees a truly world class office to work in
* We’ve just launched a brand-new Agent Progression Programme which shows our commitment to helping all our call centre agents develop and progress their careers. Agents can move up through the levels from day one and will be rewarded with more senior job titles, more time off the phone for development and a huge £1,150 in rewards (in addition to the regular bonuses)
* We’ve also just launched Exchange, which is a forum for employees and senior managers to regularly meet and discuss issues that affect us all. It will give colleagues a place where they can openly share their views
About the Role:
This vacancy is in our multi-skilled Customer Support sales team, meaning that you’ll be the first point of contact for all customers who call us with warranty and insurance related queries. You’ll provide excellent customer service and use your sales skills to give added peace of mind, by up-selling other products that customers can purchase that best suit their needs.
This department has flexible shift patterns based on a 37.5-hour contract, between the opening hours below. The Recruitment team will be happy to discuss these in more detail should you be shortlisted for telephone interview.
* Monday – Friday: 07:00 – 22:00
* Saturday – Sunday: 08:00 – 20:00
A skilled customer service and sales professional, you’ll thrive on beating sales targets – but you’ll always make sure that the customer’s interests come first. You understand the customer’s perspective and have a natural ability to build a strong rapport and demonstrate empathy when needed. You’ll be a confident multi-tasker who can be resilient and show a great team spirit! Experience working in a call centre environment, or in a targeted sales or customer service workplace would be beneficial, but not essential.
The most successful Customer Support Representatives champion the customer voice and pride themselves on customer satisfaction. They enjoy healthy competition and combining excellent service with the ability to meet sales targets and offer customers products which meet their needs. With plenty of energy and commitment, you’ll always strive to do your very best.
Working in a sales team of up to 15 Customer Support Representatives, you’ll enjoy a vibrant workplace in a fantastic city centre location.
Salary & Bonuses:
* A highly competitive £19,800 starting salary with a pay increase after six months to £21,900
* Bonus earning potential of up to £2,295 per annum
* 33 days’ annual leave (bank holidays are classed as normal working days) with an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
* Pension Scheme - matched contribution up to 5%
* Life Assurance (4 x salary)
* Free Protection Plan: Register one product for a free protection plan e.g. a domestic appliance, TV or boiler
* Salary Finance: an online portal offering lending and saving facilities, financial wellbeing and support services
* Health Cash Plan: essential health care access, including a 24/7 virtual doctor
* Cycle To Work Scheme: bike & cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
* Corporate Discount: up to 50% discount on the costs of D&G Protection Plans
* D&G Discounts Benefits Website: exclusive shopping discounts, cashback and travel services
* Great company culture with fresh fruit deliveries and complimentary hot drinks
* Regular department incentives with amazing prizes to be won
* Comprehensive in-house training with clearly defined career progression opportunities
The culture at Domestic at General is creative, fast-moving and exciting as we’re going through a period of transformational change where customers are at the heart of everything we do…to be part of both our culture and growth, apply now.
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.