7 months ago
Customer Service Manager - Supply Chain (105865)
: Supply chain
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Leicestershire-Lutterworth
Salary : Competitive
: Apr 27, 2019, 10:59:00 PM
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
The Service Desk Manager will lead a team of BT and Agency advisors that deal with Supply Chain Service Issues; complaints; discrepancy and assistance to achieve Storage and Distribution expedites and target deadlines.
This role provides clear leadership and direction to a group of Service Desk team members situated mainly in Magna Park Service Desk with virtual team members spread across the UK area. Leading to deliver a fantastic service to our customers. By effectively communicating our Vision and creating a well-articulated plan each member of the team will understand their personal contribution to our success. Engagement and motivation of team members is a key part of this role, so you will use the power of your communication to ensure each person fully understands what they are responsible and accountable for and provide the right level of support to ensure we deliver an excellent customer service to support our vision.
The role holder will be responsible for leading the team in new business implementation to BAU service as new external customer business is onboarded into Supply Chain Services. Contributing to the Bid Proposal process and working with the implementation project managers on go live.
The role holder will use a range of KPI metrics that include; customer experience from NPS survey feedback and direct customer feedback, productivity, efficiency and financial measures to track team performance. Where your team members are exceeding performance you will recognise and celebrate success and share good practice to support peers. Where, there are gaps, you will engage your team members to address the gaps.
The role holder will use CI methodology to provide clear and simple roadmap to reach goals. You will also ensure you keep your stakeholders informed of progress, providing regular and clear updates on all performance areas, highlighting any risks to delivery and clearly articulating what support you need to get back on track.
The role holder will need to cultivate strong relationships both internal BT and with External Customers and Service Delivery Managers. Also suppliers of VDS items and items for stocking into BT Warehouses. Working with customers and Operational Leads to negotiate and improve our overall service will be essential to your role so your ability to communicate with a range of people at different levels of the business is critical.
What you'll be doing
• You’ll be responsible for leading the roll out of the Supply Chain Control Tower and customer Services vision; ensuring all of your team understand our goals and objectives and clearly articulate what they are responsible for as part of their Job Description and the standards they need to achieve.
• Performance Management.
• Customer Service Satisfaction and meeting customer SLA/Contractual Terms and Conditions.
• Responsible for ensuring your team are safe by completing all actions highlighted in their AMS checks, mandatory training is up to date and working environment awareness with faults reported promptly.
• You’ll support your team’s wellbeing by providing a challenging yet realistic workload which is reviewed regularly alongside their personal development plan which should clearly support their growth within the role and their career ambitions.
• You will produce -Reports and Presentations that are key to cascade of information on Customer Service Trends and Root causes for both LOB Customers; Service Delivery Mangers; External Contract managers; CI Teams and SLT Operations.
• Acting commercially and communicate the financial impact your team has, against our P&L and be able to clearly articulate any variance of your expenditure against forecast.
• Driving profitable growth, either by demonstrating how you are controlling your costs or through effective on-boarding of new business.
• Aligning resources across the team to meet service targets and fulfil customer expectations.
• Making sure the customer is at the heart of our business, by analysing NPS results and implementing improvements into your operation with demonstrable improvements.
• Engage with key stakeholders to reach a balanced fair decision which considers the impact to people/customer and the business.
• Developing proactively your own skills and capabilities.
• Involving all of your team to embrace Continuous Improvement (CI) to challenge the status quo and drive sustainable improvements to how we work.
• An ambassador for BT, showing strong leadership which focuses on delivering a world class logistic service and creating a brilliant team.
• Leading on improvement actions in your area in response to Your Say survey results to contribute to a ‘great place to work ’vision.
• Presenting data in effective format at both face to face meetings and Online Web conferences.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Leading and Motivating a team to meet performance targets
• Change management – New work onboarding and change of Processes
• Customer Service experience in problem resolution
• Project Management and Organisational Skills