3 months ago
* Location: Glasgow
* Job Sector: Relationship Management / Sales
* Hours: Full-time
* Shift Type: Daytime / Regular
* Posting Date: 18 January 2019
* Expiry Date: 01 March 2019
* Reference: 90218896
Specialist Complaints Handler
Tay House, Glasgow
As a Barclays Specialist Complaint Handler, you will investigate customer concerns and complaints related to the miss-selling of products, to understand the cause, impact and solution. As a senior member of the team you will work to resolve complex complaints which have been escalated for a variety of reasons. You will take ownership of an exceptional customer and client experience and strengthening relationships by effectively engaging with customers and clients on their terms within a multi-channel environment. Working proactively and collaboratively with other colleagues across the Barclays Group, you will deliver great customer outcomes to create advocates of Barclays.
What will you be doing?
• Understanding and involving customers in determining outcomes that are best for their short, medium and long term needs using your knowledge of the mis-sold products
• Balancing different viewpoints and customer insight with policies, exercising clear judgement and initiative to reach the right customer outcome that is within the best interest of the bank
• Proactively working to avoid issues, making self-initiated contact, anticipating needs and efficiently addressing customer’s needs, before making confident end-decisions.
• Interacting with customers on their terms, in an engaging way that demonstrates open-mindedness, actively listening and being genuinely curious.
• Investigating customer queries, concerns and complaints, using the conversation cycle and role modelling mutual respect to create exceptional customer experiences
• Identifying and agreeing the right solution for the customer, using your innovative ability to impress
What we’re looking for:
• Strong background in financial services i.e. Investments, Pensions, Endowments and Protection Policies – complaints management and or selling these services
• Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to deliver positive impactful communication needed to gather information, and explain outcomes clearly and effectively
• The ability to work efficiently, at pace - investigating the sales with expectations ranging between 1-5 cases per week to close down, depending on complexity
• Being an excellent team player, supporting a culture of individuality, fun, and the sharing and embedding of best practice but with the ability to work individually and under pressure
Skills that will help your role:
• Excellent planning, research and organisational skills
• A strong background in complaints management from end to end
• Experience in delivering exceptional customer interactions in a professional and caring manner.
Where will you be working?
Tay House is nestled in a fantastic central city location. Our modern Glasgow Contact Centre is directly next to the M8 and a short walk from Central Station and Charing Cross train station. Tay House offers a communal coffee pod, but if you fancy nipping out we are right next to two of the main shopping streets in the city centre.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We will consider applications from job share applicants.